Climate change makes the need for sustainable practices in the economy increasingly obvious. This aspect is also increasingly coming into focus in the real estate sector. The industry is challenged to take ecological responsibility and - beyond environmental concerns - to implement sustainable processes also for social commitment (S) and good corporate governance (G) in the entire ESG topic area.
Eight success factors for CSRD implementation
In the special issue of our Real Estate Bulletin, we take a detailed look at some facets of ESG in the real estate industry - from the circular economy to biodiversity and urban regeneration.
One focus of the issue is on the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD): How does the EU directive affect the real estate sector and what opportunities does it create to promote sustainable practices and embed them in companies in the long term? Our experts use practical examples to show you how real estate companies successfully integrate the CSRD into their corporate culture.
Further topics of the special issue:
- How the real estate industry can benefit from a circular economy
- Climate protection and decarbonisation from the perspective of sustainability management
- Biodiversity as a value driver: thinking real estate and nature investments together
- Heat transition: Influences of the amended Building Energy Act and municipal heat planning on the building stock
- Energy Efficiency in the Real Estate Sector: Strategic Energy Management (SEM) in Practice
- The age of digital real estate
- Advantages of a digital tax compliance management system
These are just some of the exciting topics in Real Estate Bulletin 09/2023. Download the issue now here.
If you don't want to miss any more issues, subscribe to our trade magazine now.
Partner, Financial Services, Head of Real Estate
KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft