Inclusion, Diversity & Equity(IDE) is a fundamental part of our culture and core values
At KPMG, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and diverse workplace that is built on trust and enables our people to flourish, regardless of individual differences.
We strive to cultivate an environment where our colleagues can bring their true selves to work and are supported to come as they are.
We are committed to empowering female colleagues in the workplace, marketplace and the community, providing an equitable access for a sustainable tomorrow, through means such as career advancement, personal wellbeing, among others. In addition, we promote the understanding of perspectives across all age groups and encourage collaboration among them.
Guardian to firm’s equal opportunities
In an effort to achieve our IDE vision, we have formulated the IDE Policy aligned with our KPMG Values, which is underscored by our principle of employing a diverse workforce – that is entirely based on the person’s ability, performance, job requirements, and business needs. We do not take into account differences in gender, marital status, religion, race, nationality, disability, family status, sexual orientation or others in our recruitment and employment decisions.
Join us to come as you are and thrive with us!
- Supported women in leadership; with women making up 44% at the leadership level in KPMG China as at 1 October 2023; 56% of newly promoted partners are female and 33% of board members are female.
- Mentorship programmes providing growth opportunities for our talented colleagues.
- KPMG China launched the inaugural Next Generation Council in 2021. Each cohort is comprised of next generation colleagues from diverse backgrounds, and a new cohort is launched every 18 months.
- Everyone Agile at KPMG China, the firm’s new ways of working, has been launched as part of the Future of Work initiative to empower colleagues to work agile that is fit for purpose.
- KPMG China awarded the national 2022 UN Women WEPs Awards winner in the Community Engagement and Partnerships category for its Corporate Social Responsibility programme STEM is Her Future. The award is a great recognition and encouragement for KPMG China’s efforts in promoting gender equity and women’s empowerment not only in the workplace, but also in the marketplace and community.
- KPMG China celebrates international occasions to recognise female, LGBT+ communities, support to people with disabilities and more as part of the firm’s commitment to inclusion, diversity and equity.
- KPMG China has been recognised with various inclusion and diversity awards and accolades, including the 2023 Hong Kong LGBT+ Inclusion Index Silver Standard and the 2023 CareER Disability Inclusive Employer Award.