Marie-Pierre is a Partner in KPMG’s Canadian transfer pricing practice, located in Montreal. She is helping our clients with various types of engagement, ranging from planning to documentation, audit defense and operational transfer pricing. She has over 13 years of transfer pricing experience gained both in the industry, where she was formerly a transfer pricing professional for a large public mining company responsible for Canada and U.S. transfer pricing, and in the consulting environment in another professional services firm. She has served clients across a wide range of industries such as manufacturing, entertainment, services, commodities, insurance and technology.
Specific examples of her experience include:
- Planning and implementation of transfer pricing policy
- Representations to the tax authorities including notices of opposition, requests for assistance from competent authorities in several areas including the mining sector, the manufacturing sector and the technology sector, etc.
- Bilateral Advanced Pricing Arrangements between Canada and the United States, as well as various countries in Europe and Asia
- Tax provisions for large public and private companies
- Financial transactions related to the financing of acquisitions or other restructurings, for Canadian, American or other borrowers.
Master in Economics, Université de Montréal