Lyndon is an Audit Partner in Vancouver servicing public and private companies in real estate, technology, tourism and manufacturing sectors. As a member of KPMG’s Asia Pacific Group, Lyndon brings tremendous international perspectives and connections from his experience working in Vancouver, China and Toronto. He spent seven years in China where he was the Canadian firm’s representative based in Beijing. During his time in Beijing, he was involved in cross-border transactions facilitating investments into Canada from China and investments into China from European countries and PE funds. Lyndon is passionate in seeing his clients succeed and puts his whole self in helping clients to achieve their vision.
Professional and Industry Experience – Asia Pacific Practice
- Injection of Canadian private company valued at $730 million into a public company in Asia – audit.
- Acquisition of Canadian technology company valued at $70 million by Chinese public company.
- Real estate investments (direct and joint venture) in Vancouver from investors based in China.
- Assisted companies in IPO listing and worked on projects to streamline Company’s financial reporting and operational processes.
The Asia Angle
- Facilitate discussions on financial reporting alternatives to achieve various parties’ reporting objectives and requirements
- Assist head office and local management on financial reporting requirements including managing workflow and timeline
- Injecting private companies into public companies in China – workflow and audit support
- Facilitate understanding between buyers, investment bankers, PE funds and seller to resolve financial reporting related matters during the transaction and related regulatory approval process
- Unmatched connection with KPMG China through working relationships
During his seven years in China, he worked on engagements in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong where his relationship network was built upon working relationships.
Panel speaker for various outbound investment forums regarding key challenges faced by entities.
Served as an advisor to the Beijing Chapter of the Canada China Business Council.
Live interviewed by CCTV (major TV station)/CNBC on venture capital investments.
Former Board member of the Mon Sheong Foundation.
Board member of Hong Kong Business Association in Vancouver.