- Lukas has managed various interdisciplinary teams assisting property and casualty (re)insurers, cell captive providers, motor vehicle compensation funds and government agencies with a variety of actuarial projects, including:
- Performing / reviewing the calculations of (re)insurers, cell captives’ and motor vehicle injury compensation funds’ technical reserves and capital requirements.
- Developing and implementing personal and commercial lines rating models.
- Developing databases, interactive dashboards and other reports used by different actuarial and operational teams within insurers.
- Developing advanced analytical models and reports that address various operational issues faced by insurers.
- Lukas has assisted numerous insurers and reinsurers with their IFRS 17 implementation initiatives, including:
- Providing training on the IFRS 17 standard to insurers and reinsurers.
- Identifying system, data, and process gaps by comparing clients’ current processes to those required under IFRS 17.
- Designing data and system architectures capable of automating quarterly and annual financial reporting processes.
- Drafting and reviewing position papers and policy documents.
Chartered Enterprise Risk Actuary
Fellow of Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
Fellow of the Actuarial Society of South Africa