Cloud-based, Record-to-Report technologies can help finance departments manage the financial close and apply controls throughout the accounting cycle. BlackLine is a provider of Cloud Finance Close solutions that transform Finance and Accounting by automating, centralizing and streamlining financial close operations, intercompany accounting processes and other key Record-to-Report (R2R) activities for large and midsize organizations. Designed to complement virtually all ERP and other financial systems, BlackLine increases operational efficiency, real-time visibility, control and compliance to ensure end-to-end financial close management and accounting automation from within a single, unified cloud platform.
Organizations need cost-effective solutions to help improve their finance functions. KPMG CFO Advisory can help. As a longstanding leader in Finance Transformation services, we assist clients in the full life cycle of process improvement and implementation of these tools. Our alliance with BlackLine, combining finance transformation expertise with agile CRRT solutions, empowers your finance and accounting organization to deliver real-time financial intelligence to executives and strategic value to the enterprise.
Is your company a candidate to transform your finance and accounting processes using the BlackLine Technology? Have a look at the possible challenges below, and the benefits your can reap from working with our KPMG x Blackline alliance.
- Is your close process slow or inefficient?
- Is your closing journal entry process manual?
- Do you lack visibility into your key financial processes?
- Do your team members have irregular activities?
- Does your team rely on spreadsheets?
- Does your company maintain multiple ledgers?
- Do you have a complex reporting structure?
- Is there any uncertainty with the completeness, timeliness, or quality of reconciliation or matching?
- Reduce time to close the books with automation
- Set up a clear audit trail of your account reconciliations and journals at each stage
- Task management for efficient scheduling and tracking of key close activities
- Eliminate the need for complex spreadsheets and use powerful transaction matching capabilities
- Manage multiple ledgers across different ERP systems, all within a unified platform
- Consolidate multiple sources of data for concise reporting and analysis
- Focused exception handling for a cleaner close
KPMG’s alliance with BlackLine delivers innovative and streamlined R2R capabilities to joint clients. We help your finance and accounting organization take advantage of market-leading R2R technology so you can improve staff efficiencies, shift your focus from transactional to analytical, align finance strategies with those of the business, and deliver greater value to the organization.
KPMG employs a distributed network of finance and accounting professionals as well as certified BlackLine consultants with extensive knowledge of the different BlackLine modules.
Our professionals can support you by:
- Providing a global vision of how to incorporate the whole suite of BlackLine modules into your finance transformation vision;
- Redesigning the close process to align with business goals while taking full advantage of the capabilities in BlackLine’s financial controls and automation platform;
- Building a strong business case and enabling a short payback period;
- Improving efficiency, effectiveness and eliminating massive spreadsheet files and risk of errors from the R2R process; and
- Easily integrating BlackLine technology into any ERP system and providing workflow functionality not found in your ERP systems.
In a nutshell, our alliance can help your organization optimize how you implement the BlackLine platform, which will allow your business to automate transaction matching, account reconciliation, journal entry, intercompany transactions, and much more. In addition, we can leverage our distributed network of KPMG in-house professionals to support your global requirements.
KPMG’s BlackLine implementations require minimal support from your internal IT organization and can be implemented within months. Most projects incur a cash payback within one year of implementing the solution. With KPMG and BlackLine, your company gains real-time visibility into the status and accuracy of your close, streamlined workflow and task management, and reduced burden on resources.
How we can help
KPMG’s global network of financial management professionals helps clients align finance organizations with business goals to realize and sustain value over the long term. Regardless of the industry, over time tested methodologies and tools consistently demonstrate enhanced strategic value both to finance and to the business.