Growth is usually one of the top agenda items for CEOs. Companies are targeting aggressive growth strategies in response to structural shifts caused by new technologies, changing regulations, evolving customer needs and sector convergence. However, realizing growth is extremely challenging – with the majority of organizations unable to achieve and/or sustain their growth ambitions.
Experience suggests that this may be the result of:
- Unrealistic growth objectives driving an undeliverable strategy
- A failure to consider implementation capabilities and bandwidth to execute
- Leadership team misalignment
- Lack of stakeholder support
- An inability to evolve and innovate in response to changing market and customer requirements