Advising clients on strategic investment decisions, divestments and partnerships, covering every kind of transaction.
Advising clients on strategic investment decisions, divestments and partnerships.
Organizations are experiencing significant disruption caused by innovation, new technologies and evolving customer needs, as well as changing regulations and pressure on capital deployment. As a result, companies are searching for ways to keep up with the changes and drive profitability.
In addition to organic options, CEOs are considering inorganic options, and deal triggers are manifold:
- ‘I want to accelerate growth in our current markets’
- ‘I want to enter a new market’
- ‘I want to gain new assets/capabilities’
- ‘I need to dispose non-core assets’
- ‘I want to refinance/raise new capital’
KPMG firms advise clients on strategic investment decisions in a range of transaction settings including:
- M&A (buy-side, sell-side)
KPMG firms work with clients to address the following important questions:
- Will M&A options accelerate my intended strategy?
- Who should I buy, divest or partner with to deliver my strategy?
- Does this represent an attractive acquisition deal/target?
- What are the likely integration/separation issues?
- What are the value creation opportunities and how do I deliver them?
The below stories demonstrate our deal strategy experience across pre, during and post deal:
A leading automotive manufacturer needed assistance to evaluate the strategic options regarding a potential acquisition. We developed well-defined options with a clear assessment of the return on investment, resulting in the client not proceeding.
A private equity house was seeking to realize good returns on the disposal of an M2M service provider. We provided vendor due diligence, which challenged management’s projections and identified key risks and upsides opportunities.
A financial services provider ambition was to become a leading customer focused and technology-driven financial institution in Sub Saharan Africa by 2020 with its strategic integration program. KPMG firms provided the client with our 9 Levers of Value holistic approach to ensure strategic acquisitions delivered the full value potential.
Save, Curate and Share
Save what resonates, curate a library of information, and share content with your network of contacts.