Buying or selling a business can oftentimes prove a daunting task. Regardless of whether you are first-time sellers or seasoned executives with prior experiences in dealmaking, you will inevitably face a great deal of uncertainties, some of which may result in unfavorable terms or even derail the prospect of a successful closing.
This is where our market leading M&A team comes in! We help you navigate the entire deal process, minimize risks by working with you on the nitty-gritty of a transaction and, most importantly, ensure that you secure the best possible terms.
Whether you are a start-up trying to raise fund or a long-time shareholder looking to divest, our M&A experts will accompany you every step of the way to a successful closing.
Sell-side M&A services
When it comes to a sell-side transaction, it is of utmost importance to nail down three things: Preparation, Investor Approach, and Negotiation.
- Preparation: We help you prepare a well-crafted equity story, highlighting the strengths of your company and painting out the huge potentials lying ahead of it.
- Investor Approach: Thanks to our global presence, we have access to a wide network of deep-pocket investors – both strategic and financial. This enables us to curate a list of potential investors that fit your preference and criteria.
- Negotiation: We help you review the Transactional Documents and, together with you, discuss our negotiation tactics. The ultimate objective is to ensure that you secure the best possible terms.
Buy-side M&A services
Growth through acquisitions is an important pillar of every business. A transaction would only make sense if we could identify the right target, conduct in-depth due diligence, and negotiate in a way that maximizes shareholder value.
- Target Identification: Our extensive local network enables us to compile and initiate discussions with a long list of potential targets that fit your criteria. For shortlisted names that express interests, we perform in-depth analysis of their business and provide you with an indicative pricing range – the results of which will act as the base for your non-binding offer.
- Due diligence: This step, if not done right, can become messy and ineffective. Even worse, it can make or break a deal. With that understanding in mind, we help you coordinate the due diligence process from start to finish, in such a way that efficiency is ensured and that you are well-informed of all the nitty-gritty of the Target.
- Negotiation: We assess the results of the due diligence, review the Transactional Documents, and advise you on matters to be dealt with throughout the negotiation process. Similar to a sell-side transaction, our ultimate goal is to help you achieve the best possible terms that maximize shareholder value.
Dinh The Anh
Partner, Deal Advisory, Head of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
KPMG in Vietnam
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia