Ly has over 20 years of experience in legal services with international law firms. She advised on a wide range of Vietnam related matters, including banking & finance, capital market, real estate, investment projects, general corporate, M&A, with a focus on corporate acquisition and divestment, financial institution M&As, domestic and international securities offerings, real estate project development and foreign investment in Vietnam.
Some of the key projects that she has been engaged include:
- Advised a Vietnamese commercial bank in connection with US$182 million equity and US$125 million subordinated debt investment.
- Advised a Vietnamese commercial bank in connection with a proposed merger with another Vietnamese commercial bank.
- Advised Japanese corporation on a share acquisition in a Vietnamese commercial banks (via a complex of transaction).
- Advised a Vietnamese finance company as sponsor on a VND1,440 billion acquisition of 70% stake in a Hanoi based five star hotel.
- Advised a real estate and hospitality group as issuer in connection with a private placement of shares to Recapital advisors.
- Advised US based company on the acquisition of 49% of the issued share capital to achieve ultimate ownership of 2 phases in a mixed use residential development project in Vietnam.
- Advised a Japanese media corporation on a proposed share acquisition in a Vietnamese public company.
- Advised a Japan based corporation in an infrastructure investment project in form of PPP
Areas of practice:
- Banking and finance
- Capital market
- Real estate
- Investment projects
- General corporate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Bachelor of Laws, Faculty of Law, Hanoi National University, Vietnam
Master of Laws, Toulouse University, France
Member of Bar Association of Hanoi City