Tax Assistant, Australian Tax
Office location: Ho Chi Minh City
KPMG in Vietnam provides tax compliance supports to the KPMG’s Australian Tax practice, including the preparation of Australian income tax returns for companies, trusts and funds.
Through our established standardized procedures and trainings, you will gain exposures on the tax compliance rules and procedures of Australia jurisdictions in the work that is undertaken with KPMG Australia Distributed Delivery. We will also give you the opportunity to strengthen your analytical skills, effective communication skills and engagement management skills as you help onshore client service teams manage their corporate tax compliance.
We are currently seeking Assistants to work in a specialized Australian tax compliance work environment and to be developed as a future tax compliance technician with a strong technical background.
- Australian Tax compliance preparation and completion - applying an understanding of local legislation and accounting knowledge, producing a well-prepared tax return package.
- Assisting Australian teams in pro-actively managing client relationships and responding to all client queries in an effective and timely manner as well as identifying value-added opportunities.
- When progressed, review Australian company income tax returns, trust tax returns and related workpapers that are prepared by the team before being delivered to the KPMG Australia Distributed Delivery for further review.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of in-house systems and procedures between KPMG Vietnam and KPMG Australia Distributed Delivery.
- Coach and develop team members to successfully deliver value in tax compliance services to our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects, e.g. accounting, finance, economics, law, etc.
- Competent and literate with the following packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- The ability to apply an understanding of financial statements and other relevant non-tax financial and business information to the tax compliance work
- Good analytical skills and enjoy working with numbers
- Strong organizational, time management skills and effective communication skills
- Ability to work and perform under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to build rapport with team members and partners
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Enthusiastic, demonstrate “can do” and “team working” attitude with an ability to learn quickly
- Good command of English and Vietnamese
Learn more about our Tax Services HERE