Bill is a member of the Deal Advisory & Strategy group and he focuses on Banking and Financial Services with functional focuses on full life cycle M&A, Payments, and Data & Analytics.
Bill has substantial experience leading and coordinating full life cycle M&A activities from strategy and target analysis, due diligence, and acquisition integration in the financial services industry. He has experience leading full entity, asset, and carve-out acquisitions, as well as divestitures, with over 15 acquisitions in his experience. He has built M&A strategies to align with corporate strategies and drive specific strategic objectives. Outside of M&A work, Bill has built from scratch and led a data & analytics team focused on revenue and strategic insights. He also has extensive experience in the payments industry, working for the leading merchant processor and leading a North American payments product team.
Professional and Industry Experience
- Built and led a data & analytics team for a large merchant processor. Hired and managed a team from 0 to 12 people and focused on data lake infrastructure build-out, governance, and predictive analytics to drive top-line growth. Analyses returned opportunities in excess of $120MM to the business.
- Led a global payments product team, transforming the team from an order-taking, keep the lights on organization to a P&L, strategic product organization that drove business decisions. Developed product scorecards and strategic roadmaps that enabled a tripling in investment dollars to the group over a 2 year period. Managed 25 products and 15 product leaders.
- Drove a $500MM cost savings initiative that evaluated and divested multiple business lines, re-negotiated vendor contracts, implemented multiple robotics solutions, and evolved our technology infrastructure to a digital / cloud-based hybrid model. Through a data-driven solution, we were able to define the specific pockets of focus for cost evaluation to narrow our work and focus on specific targets as opposed to the entire enterprise.
- Led the acquisition integration of a $10B asset purchase, including Legal Day 1, a tiered integration plan with multiple conversion dates, negotiating and managing SLA with the seller, the launch of a new equipment finance business line as part of the acquisition synergies, and several automated integration tools that can be re-purposed for BAU or the next acquisition.
- Executed the integration of a $45B asset bank, including the divestiture of a credit card portfolio, Legal Day 1, a big-bang integration, over $100MM in cost synergies, a rebrand of both the acquired and acquirers brand, and an integration playbook that positioned the company for future integrations.