Professional & Industry experience
Ash is a U.S.-based Advisory executive specializing in healthcare IT, including meaningful use achievement, health information exchanges, longitudinal clinical records, cloudbased healthcare IT, and clinical and other healthcare business intelligence.
Ash is a highly experienced healthcare professional at the cutting edge of information technology (IT) advances in the sector. In a career spanning over 25 years, Ash has worked for some of the world’s leading IT and consulting firms, using technology to drive improvements such as telemedicine, e-commerce, membership systems, customer service and healthcare management.
As Senior Executive Director Healthcare for Americas with Cisco, he was responsible for payers, providers and life sciences accounts including the Mayo Clinic, WellPoint, Cigna, Wellcare, Medtronic and Kaiser. He led the development and deployment of telemedicine solutions with key clients and government agencies.
Prior to this, Ash was Vice President Health Solutions for Wellpoint, supporting over 32 million members (one in 10 Americans) in enterprise applications. He also held senior positions with KGT Global Technologies, IBM and Accenture, leading executive teams in the U.S. and around the world through major change programs in hospitals, medical service providers, physician group practices and managed care organizations.
Ash’s breadth of experience is typified by his first two roles: first as owner of his own consulting and medical management business, and then with The University of Cincinnati Medical Center in the U.S., where he managed a $250 million annual budget for several departments including Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Lab Medicine, Managed Care, Cancer and Pharmacy.
- Over 25 years experience working with notable healthcare and life science companies, developing and executing strategies, leading operational changes, and managing successful business development efforts.
- Experienced in leading executive teams in change management in large hospital settings, medical service organizations, physician group practices, and managed care organizations.
- Conducted more than 50 executive business strategy sessions, leading companies and boards through the opportunities and risks associated with decisions around technology enablement, selecting new products, managing cost benefit.
Presenter and author of articles on topics such as E-business and technology, IT strategy, role of performance management in healthcare organizations, and ERP implementation.
Education, Licenses & Certifications
- Masters in Hospital & Health Administration,
- MBA and BS in Psychology, Xavier University