Forensic Accounting Consultant
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Rank: All levels
This is your opportunity to join KPMG’s Forensic team. You will gain exposure to exciting projects which will develop your skills in financial analysis, accounting, and business processes along with your knowledge of different industries and regulations while assisting our clients in Thailand and the region.
KPMG Forensic offers a variety of services to assist clients in: effectively managing their exposure to risks, proactively managing their compliance with emerging requirements, resolving disputes with their business partners, understanding their control weaknesses, investigating complex matters and safeguarding their assets and reputations. We provide independent, insightful analysis, together with credible solutions by applying accounting, financial, technology and other specialized skills to help solve our client’s most difficult business challenges.
We are looking for someone to join our team to focus on the following:
- Analyze financial information, operational processes and accounting transactions to identify unusual transactions or weaknesses in business processes
- Analyze digital information and system data, understand the issues
- Evaluate internal control structures and data to help identify weaknesses and associated risks as well as make recommendations on how to mitigate those risks
- Perform data analysis reviews using financial, operational, and other data sets to detect anomalies, irregularities and control weaknesses.
- Perform statistical analysis on samples and interpret results and summarize, analyze and prepare analysis reports and findings
- Develop reports that highlight our findings in a clear, logical and concise manner
- Assist clients to investigate alleged breaches of bribery or corruption regulations
- Interact with clients and other external sources for the purpose of obtaining relevant information and documents
- Assist our clients with fraud risk management services including gap analysis, risk assessment, trainings, and development of policies
- Assist our financial institution clients with Anti-Money Laundering services including AML gap analysis, risk assessment and transaction monitoring
- A minimum of 1+ years of experience with one of the following: a public accounting firm, advisory firm, internal audit function of a major company or AML compliance or corporate finance function of a financial institution is an advantage. New grad is also welcome for Associate level.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting, Economics, Statistics or similar discipline.
- CFE, CIA, CPA or CAMS is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and professional skepticism, demonstrate professionalism, and quickly adapt to new situations and solve problems.
- Experience in internal audit, compliance reviews, investigations or external audit or other risk management activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of business processes and the legal/regulatory environment.
- Ability to independently undertake moderate domestic/overseas travel with short notice.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Thai.