The Voluntary Carbon Market (VCM) plays a vital role for companies aiming to reach their 2030 net-zero objectives, nations seeking climate-aligned growth, and emerging climate technologies striving to bring their innovations to market. However, a major challenge confronting the VCM is the pervasive lack of trust in the credibility of carbon credits. In recent times, there has been mounting apprehension around an effective definition, measurement, verification, and valuation of these credits. The urgency is apparent: re-establishing trust is paramount, underscoring the critical need to guarantee that carbon credits deliver genuine, high-quality emissions reductions and removals.
Join us for the second instalment of our Race to Zero series, hosted by KPMG in Singapore’s Business Foundry. Engage in a dynamic discussion on the strategies to bolster a reliable VCM, with a special emphasis on leveraging technology to amplify the efficiency, dependability, and precision of VCM operations.
What we will discuss:
- Overview of how the VCM has evolved and its present challenges.
- Building a consensus on credit quality standards.
- Key developments in demand and supply that are shaping the VCM landscape.
- Stringent carbon Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) protocols and proficient data management.
- Potential of technology in scaling and ensuring data and process integrity in the VCM.
Admission is complimentary, but early registration is recommended to secure your spot. Please indicate your availability by clicking on the registration button above. If you are unable to join, please extend this invitation to other members of your organisation.
We look forward to welcoming and engaging with you at the event.
Tuesday, 24 October 2023
5:00 pm - 5:30 pm
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
(12 Marina View,
Asia Square Tower 2, Level 15