Join us to an exclusive in-person event where we will discuss and provide insights into various tax and legal considerations that investors should consider when investing in real assets in Southeast Asia, particularly in Indonesia and Vietnam.
The topics include:
- Tax considerations during holding and exit for Indonesia and Vietnam real estate investment
- Tax treaties between Singapore/Indonesia and Singapore/Vietnam
- Differences between setting up an onshore fund (e.g. SG LP, VCC) vs an offshore fund (e.g. Cayman, Lux)
- Potential permanent establishment exposure arising from the asset management team’s frequent travels into overseas investment jurisdictions
- FDI regulations for Indonesia and Vietnam
- Factors to consider when selecting the right local partner
- Legal structuring to optimise deployment into Indonesia and Vietnam
- Establishing proper legal terms for investment, governance, funding, preserving commercial relations, and exit planning
Wednesday, 7 June 2023
9.00am - 11.00am
(Registration & Breakfast start from 8.30am)
12 Marina View,
Asia Square Tower 2,
Level 15, Singapore 018961
About the Speakers
Teo Wee Hwee
Partner, Head of Real Estate, Tax and Head of Asset Management & Family OfficeKPMG in Singapore
Wee Hwee has 25 years of tax advisory experience, with the majority of that focusing on real estate M&A transactions (Singapore and overseas) and fund formation (including REIT listings). He has also helped many private clients structure their single family offices, with some requiring restructuring of their asset portfolio prior to setting up the structure in Singapore. In terms of asset classes, he has extensive experience in fund formation ranging from real estate, infrastructure (including renewables), private equity, private debt/credit to digital assets such as cryptocurrency. His clients comprise mainly fund managers, developers, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, listed REITs and business trusts. Wee Hwee is also an international tax expert, having advised clients not just on Singapore tax issues but also issues relating to cross border transactions and overseas investments. With his extensive experience in fund formation and real estate transactions, Wee Hwee is a frequent speaker at conferences and has participated in conferences held in Singapore, Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney, Melbourne, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai and Jakarta.
Azlan Mohamed Noh
Senior Associate, Corporate M&A
King & Wood Mallesons
Azlan is a mergers and acquisitions specialist with over 11 years’ experience. He supports clients across a wide range of industries including mining, energy, real estate and infrastructure. He has worked in Perth, Abu Dhabi, London, Sydney and is now based in Singapore. Azlan has particular experience acting for fund managers (family offices, PE funds, infrastructure funds, real estate funds and sovereign wealth funds). His experience includes investment by these clients into other funds, and M&A and joint ventures. Azlan has been based in Singapore for a number of years assisting these clients with their investments across Southeast Asia, North Asia, South Asia and the Middle East.