KPMG in Singapore invites you to join us for an exclusive in-person event where we discuss the practical operationalisation of Circular 80 issued by the Ministry of Finance in Vietnam.
The Ministry of Finance in Vietnam has issued Circular 80 which sets out important guidelines on tax administration for overseas suppliers who do not have a presence in Vietnam, but conducting e-commerce and/or digital based businesses, and having income arising in Vietnam. This Circular had been effected since 1 January 2022.
In this event, we will provide further insights and advice on how to comply with these new requirements and mitigate any potential tax risks this Circular may have on your business in Vietnam. We will address how tax functions can pro-actively plan and prepare, in order to be well positioned to tackle the new rules and the compliance obligations.
We will focus on the following areas during the event:
- Implications of Circular 80 on businesses in Vietnam, including reporting obligations of e-commerce platform operator;
- Circular 80 vs. the withholding tax scheme under Circular 103;
- Unaddressed controversies of Circular 80;
- Impact of BEPS Pillar 1 on the taxing right of Vietnam on e-commerce and digital services; and
- Possible developments of Circular 80.
At this event, we have our Head of Corporate Tax from KPMG in Vietnam, Le Thi Kieu Nga, to walk us through the tax issues, transformation drivers, impact assessments, and how to shape an effective roadmap for managing the introduction of the new tax administration rules in relation to Circular 80. This event will be followed by an opportunity to network with other industry executives over food and drinks.
We look forward to welcoming and engaging with you during the event.
Friday, 17 March 2023
4.00pm - 6:30pm