Remi is a Manager in the CFO Advisory division of KPMG Advisory Services and an associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). He has a track record of over 9 years working as financial accountant and management consultant for clients across various industries and sectors of the economy including financial services, power and utilities, oil and gas, health and manufacturing etc. Prior to joining KPMG, Remi previously worked with one of the Big 4 as a Management Consultant.
His expertise cuts across finance transformation, process optimisation, cost optimisation, project management, treasury management, financial and Statutory Reporting. He has also facilitated various training sessions in these fields
Some of his engagements includes:
- Value creation service for an electricity distribution company involving strategy formulation, business process review and identification of cost reduction opportunities through contract review, financial analysis and benchmarking of the client’s performance against industry peers and best in class.
- Finance transformation of an oil and gas servicing company involving the current state assessment of the finance operating model and design of the target model across the four major components of finance – organisation, people, process, and technology.
- Detailed diagnostic review of the business operations and business units of one of the fast-growing fintech company in Nigeria
- Finance function effectiveness by partnering with clients to assess their current solutions, identifying opportunities and recommending a target state operating model
- Design and documentation of Finance Standard Operating Procedures and accounting policies which includes order-to-cash, procure-to-pay and record-to-report processes for various clients in the financial services, health, power and utilities and aviation industry
- Assisting various clients in accounts preparation and clean up in readiness for yearend audit
- Overseeing the financial strategy and treasury operations of a foremost investment banking firm in the country in support of its vision to becoming the investment bank of choice following its management buy-out in 2017.
- Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) open book review of one of the eleven electricity distribution companies in Nigeria
- Deferred benefits administration and investment review
Bachelor of Science Accounting (Second Class Upper Division)
— Project Management Professional (PMP)
— Registered Professional, Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN)
— Association of Chartered and Certified Accountant – ACCA-CERTIFR
— Associate, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)