The components and structure of remuneration concerning directors and senior management are evolving. Amid a complex business environment where technology is advancing rapidly, shareholders have been demanding for transparent remuneration policies and procedures to gain insights into the methodologies behind companies’ remuneration practices.
Under these circumstances, it is essential for companies to implement a competitive remuneration structure to attract and retain high-caliber directors and executives, instilling confidence in shareholders that their investments are well-managed.
KPMG’s Compensation and Benefits team helps your organization achieve the required level of compensation and reward governance to meet shareholder needs and regulatory requirements.
We combine data, analytics and design thinking techniques to develop innovative and creative solutions that drive performance higher across your organization. Our methodology and approach, coupled with an extensive database, can help you to:
- Attract, motivate and retain talent with the right compensation and benefits framework and structure
- Establish a fair and competitive remuneration framework
- Establish a compensation and benefits structure that is aligned to the strategic direction of your people and business as a whole
KPMG’s Compensation and Benefits scope of services cover the following:
Board (Non-Executive Directors) Remuneration
- Review and recommendations of Non-Executive Directors’ (“NED”) remuneration framework, including for pre- and post-IPO companies
- Benchmarking of remuneration composition and quantum of NEDs against industry peers
- Say on Pay strategy and remuneration framework – Incorporation of considerations relating to business strategy, long-term company performance and Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) metrics
- Review of D&O insurance coverage, assisting with recommendations on risk mitigation as well as new classes of potential claims against companies
- Review of Executive compensation policies along with recommendations on the pay philosophy in place
- Benchmarking and design of Executive Pay Programs
- Facilitating the development of performance scorecards and KPIs
- Facilitating the development and design of relevant and competitive short and long-term incentive plan schemes
- Facilitating the incorporation of ESG metrices into organizational pay strategy