Appointing a board member is a fundamentally important decision for companies. It is essential that boards have a diverse mix of skills and expertise which complement the overall strategic direction of their respective organizations.
In our thought leadership, Reinvigorating boards amidst fueling expectations, we explore the way forward for practical reinforcements to board composition and effectiveness. By undertaking an analysis of the board skills matrix for the top 50 public listed companies (PLCs) by market capitalization, we have uncovered the prevalent skill sets to building effective boards, and ultimately, enabling better governance.
Based on KPMG’s data repository, we can help identify suitable profiles of board members based on the desired competencies and experience needed so that you have access to an array of business leaders to build and enhance your board.
We evaluate candidates for board positions using a thorough assessment process, which focuses on the following aspects:
- Expertise and experience
- Remuneration expectations
- Board committee specialization
- Reputation and achievements
- Time commitment and availability
In addition to the assessment process and subject to the independence considerations at KPMG MRC’s end, we also assist you to facilitate structured interview questions, scorecards as well as fit and proper assessments for respective candidates.
Maiden directors of public listed companies will also be provided with induction programs to assist with the navigation of board governance as well as the appropriate know-how of corporate boards.
The KPMG’s Board Sourcing and Placement scope of services cover entail the following offerings:
- Identifying and shortlisting of candidates for boardroom position based on predetermined nomination parameters
- Undertaking screening of potential boardroom candidates based on fit and proper criteria.
- Facilitating the assessment process of boardroom candidates
- Facilitating the conduct of induction programs and customized capacity-building programs for directors