Boards and individual directors have a critical role to play in the governance, risk and strategy oversight of their organization. As business and society evolve, boards must be able to navigate the challenges and opportunities to ensure the sustainable growth of their business. This involves juggling the needs of multiple stakeholders in an increasingly interconnected world.
Boards must be operating effectively, be fully cognizant of their collective and individual responsibilities, able to make informed decisions based on an understanding of the key issues impacting their business strategy and be supported by robust governance frameworks.
How KPMG can help
KPMG’s Board Advisory Services team comprises governance specialists who can assist you and your board to:
- Undertake board and board committee evaluations that identify areas of strength and weakness in skills, behaviors, board meeting effectiveness, board reporting, board composition, stakeholder engagement, risk and strategy
- Benchmark and improve current governance as well as remuneration frameworks against better practices locally and abroad
- Assist with the development of board support tools including board documents, policies and processes that underpin a robust governance framework as aligned with regulatory requirements and better practices
- Facilitate the conduct of general meetings and stakeholder engagement sessions
- Undertake tailored capacity-building programs for boards and facilitate the sourcing of boardroom candidates