Sales Tax and Service Tax: Fundamentals and Latest Developments
The Royal Malaysian Customs Department ("Customs") recently introduced the Voluntary Disclosure and Amnesty ("VA") Programme for Indirect Taxes with incentives up to 100% penalty remission and 30% tax remission. With this development, taxpayers are encouraged to review their indirect tax positions and participate in the programme to regulate their indirect tax affairs.
Since its inception back in 2018, there have been numerous legislative changes with new guides and clarifications issued by Customs on Sales Tax and Service Tax ("SST") making it imperative for businesses to ensure they are well aware of the updates and continue to be in compliance with the SST legislations. Also, where relevant, businesses can also consider taking advantage of the VA programme before it expires.
In this webinar, we will provide a refresher course on the key fundamentals and latest updates / developments on Sales Tax and Service Tax.
Who should attend:
- Finance Managers
- Tax Managers & Executives
Date: 24 February, Thursday
Time: 9:30am – 12:00pm
RM159 per person (inclusive of 6% SST and participant materials)
A digital certificate of attendance will be issued for 2.5 CPE hours. This event is not HRDF claimable.
For queries about this seminar, please contact us
Terms & Conditions
• REGISTRATION: Closes on 17 February 2022, and is on first come, first served basis.
• All delegates must register with their own email address in order to access and attend the webinar. Entry into the webinar is unique to the registered delegate’s email address and is not transferable. If you are registering on someone else’s behalf, ensure to insert the delegates email instead of your own.
• KPMG’s webinar series are conducted online; hence, you will need to have stable internet access in order to participate. While you may view the webinar using a mobile device, it is recommended to participate using PC-based Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser for optimal experience.
• Participants are required to prepare their own computer with audio capabilities (speaker and microphone for the purpose of this training.
No refund will be given for cancellations received less than 7 working days before the webinar date. A substitute delegate is welcomed at no additional charge if the registered delegate is unable to attend (advance notice of 5 working days before the event is required.). In the event the webinar is cancelled by KPMG due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be reimbursed to the delegate.