From Business Challenges to Tax Challenges
The tax landscape has become increasingly complicated and some business structures may have been rendered redundant by changes to the tax legislation. The revision of tax laws as well as increased scrutiny from tax authorities has resulted in increased tax costs for businesses.
More than keeping pace and recognising developments in tax, businesses need to review their business model to assess the potential tax impact. Developments in tax regulations could significantly impact the broader business goals and an organisation’s ability to comply with tax laws. While we recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, now is the time for businesses to reconfigure and align their operating structures to a changing world and strategise for what’s next.
KPMG invites you to register for a webinar where our tax colleagues from Corporate Tax, Tax Dispute Resolution, Transfer Pricing and Indirect Tax specialisations, discuss tax considerations revolving around pertinent business issues on technology-related expenditure/projects, international tax issues and recent BEPS-related developments and intra group charges.
The speakers will share their practical experience with participants and key tax changes introduced in 2020 and 2021 as well as tax factors to consider as the world moves to COVID-19 recovery.
Whether you are an existing business in Malaysia planning for the way forward or a foreign corporation looking to expand your footprint in Malaysia, you are welcome to join this webinar to empower yourself to make informed decisions.
From Business Challenges to Tax Challenges:
Date: 13 July 2021 (Tuesday)
Topic 1 – Developing Digital Capabilities
Many companies have been focusing on evolving their digital capabilities and the pressure of the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated this trend. This session will explore tax implications of technology-related expenditure, including the acquisition of ICT hardware/software, customised software, involvement of overseas vendors (i.e. withholding tax, imported taxable services, digital service tax) as well as the provision via inter company charges.
Topic 2 – Insights on the International Tax Landscape
The tax landscape is becoming increasingly challenging for multinational groups and businesses with a global reach. This session will share tax factors relating to overseas operations and cross-border projects with an update on recent developments in the international tax arena.
Topic 3 – Navigating Tax in a Disrupted World
This session will look at a number of tax factors to consider in the context of intra group charges.
Topic 4 – Post COVID-19: Back to Business
In this session we will reflect on tax changes, measures and incentives introduced in 2020 and 2021 by the Government of Malaysia. We will also look from the tax perspective at related business issues.
Tax Dispute Resolution
|Ooi Wei See
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is aimed at business leaders as well as personnel whose responsibilities cover formulating business and/or tax strategies, negotiating contracts and those who wish to find out more about recent tax developments.
It is also useful for personnel who oversee companies’ tax issues and have oversight over tax matters, including: -
- Finance directors and finance managers
- Accountants and accounts executives
- Tax managers and executives
- RM 150 per person, inclusive of 6% SST and participant materials.
- Payment must be made in full by 7 July 2021, with payment receipt submitted to KPMG. Only registrations paid in full will receive access into the webinar.
- Course material and access to the webinar will be provided to the registered fully paid participant only. The course material and access link should not be provided to and be used by a third party.
- A digital certificate of attendance will be issued for 3.5 CPE hours.
- This webinar is not HRDF claimable because it is less than four (4) CPE hours.
Terms & Conditions
- Registration closes on 5 July 2021, and is on first come, first served basis.
- Registration will only be reserved for participants who have made the payment promptly.
- All delegates must register with their own email address in order to access and attend the webinar. Entry into the webinar is unique to the registered delegate’s email address and is not transferable.
- KPMG’s webinar series are conducted online; hence, you will need to have stable internet access in order to participate.
- While you may view the webinar using a mobile device, it is recommended to participate using a laptop/PC for the optimal experience.
- A substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge if the registered participant is unable to attend.
- Please inform us 5 working days before the event in order for us to update our records.
- No refund will be given for cancellations received less than 7 working days before the event date.
- In the case of cancellation of the webinar by KPMG, the participant will be reimbursed for the course fee already paid.
Legal name: KPMG Tax Services Sdn Bhd
Company Registration No.: 198301001627 (96860-M)
Contact No.: 03 7721 3388
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPMG in Malaysia was first established in 1928 which also makes it the oldest KPMG firm in Asia Pacific. KPMG in Malaysia offers a full range of Tax Services which are designed to help our clients to apply the most cost-effective business strategies. With our extensive industry knowledge and an international network of professionals throughout the globe, we are committed to delivering this on a global basis and surpassing even your highest expectations.
KPMG Tax Services Sdn. Bhd. [198301001627 (96860-M)], a company incorporated under Malaysian law and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For queries about this webinar, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event is interactive with polling questions and the opportunity for Q&A. We hope you can attend and look forward to seeing you at the event.