KPMG’s Eco Dive Program
The program which won the Asia Responsible Entrepreneurship Awards (Green Leadership) aims to lay essential groundwork in efforts to protect Malaysia’s magnificent living coral reefs.
Keeping ongoing track of coral reef health has proven particularly important in quickly identifying and addressing issues that may affect our reefs. KPMG also understands that education is crucial in creating the mindset changes necessary to prevent further human-caused climate change and pollution.
With these factors in mind, KPMG’s Eco Dive Program lays the groundwork essential in sustainably protecting Malaysia’s coral reefs via two channels.
A world where the foundations of our oceans – coral reefs – are healthy and thriving, reflecting a flourishing planet where global communities share responsibility for protecting this precious resource that inspires and sustains humankind.
- Monitoring coral reef health to assist with identifying and addressing issues that may impact these fragile marine ecosystems.
- Grooming the eco ambassadors of tomorrow through educating the younger generation and creating a passion for Nature in our children.
- Creating a green mindset change within the community by raising levels of awareness about the plight of coral reefs.
- SEATRU Volunteer Program – Empowering young leaders to become ambassadors of the environment through turtle conservation efforts.
- Kiwanis Breakfast-A-Child Program – 2018 marks the 8th year KPMG in Malaysia is sponsoring underprivileged school kids with a warm meal for recess time.
- KPMG in Support of Women’s Aid Organization – Connecting children who have lived and witnessed abuse to Play Therapy.