Established in 2015, the KPMG ASEAN Scholarship is a scholarship program aimed at Inspiring Confidence and Empowering Change among talented young undergraduates across Malaysia who are looking to get a great start in their careers with a professional services firm. At the heart of KPMG are our people. We are constantly on the look-out for bright and talented people like you, because we know you have the potential and the ability to change the future for the better. Your dreams and your ambitions will have a place to flourish at KPMG because we are interested in stretching your potential and accelerating your professional success. As a KPMG ASEAN scholar, you can look forward to diverse learning and professional development opportunities and potentially cross-departmental through a structured program which consists of two pillars:
- Professional Development
To help you build core competencies and skills and develop professionally through induction programs and structured internships, focused-group sessions with various KPMG Partners amongst other people development initiatives.
- Strategic Engagement
To help you build breadth and depth of knowledge across sectors through interactions with KPMG leaders who will share valuable insights about their careers and outlook of the various industries and countries.
To date, we have received well over 1,500 applications and have awarded over 40 scholarships to deserving young talents, most of whom have already commenced their employment at KPMG across various departments in the Firm. Through its comprehensive learning and development opportunities, we hope to welcome you in this program as you embark on your journey of growth and self-discovery at KPMG.
Application Deadline for 2023: ends 15 July 2023
Perks and Benefits:
- Annual financial incentive worth RM12,000
- 2 internship placements (Petaling Jaya office or KPMG branches across Malaysia)
- Guaranteed employment post-graduation in any department of preference (with a 2-year bond)
- Opportunity to participate in firm-wide initiatives namely Corporate Citizenship activities, KPMG Well-being 360 events including Sports and Recreational Club’s initiatives and many more
- Bachelor’s Degree with a 2nd Class Upper or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or other equivalent qualification (Masters/Professional Accounting Qualification)
- Diploma or other equivalent qualification with a minimum CGPA of 3.5
- SPM or other equivalent qualification with a minimum of 6As (English and Mathematics at least -A)
- 1st or 2nd year Malaysian undergraduates pursuing degrees/majors/fields/programs in any private or public universities in Malaysia
- Proven leadership qualities and active involvement in extracurricular activities
- Excellent command in English and writing skills
- Driven and results-oriented individuals with Growth mindsets
Let’s hear from our ASEAN Scholars who have experienced internship(s) and/or have joined us in Malaysia as part of our extraordinary KPMG-ians.
Gan Kei Lun
Audit, Audit K
“With KPMG ASEAN Scholarship, I was given the opportunity to meet many amazing KPMG individuals by joining different CSR activities.”
Lee Seng Zhen
Advisory, Governance & Sustainability (G&S)
" I had the opportunity to network with partners, working with people from culturally diverse backgrounds and building friendship with the other ASEAN scholars.”
Muhammad Zaidi Bin Hj Zainuddin
Tax, Transfer Pricing (TP)
“Being a KPMG scholar has improved me in many aspects of life while creating a lasting and meaningful friendship. If I were to go through the programme again, most definitely I would do so.”