Deal Advisory - Transaction Services Senior Associate (Financial Due Diligence, Business Valuation and M&A)
Deal Advisory - Transaction Services Senior Associate
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services, with an industry focus. Our purpose is to inspire confidence and empower change. We have a notable ‘Africa Footprint’ serving clients across the continent. Our East Africa practice comprises offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda with reach across all of East Africa where one of our largest markets is Ethiopia. The Nairobi office serves as the regional coordinating office providing the required networking to facilitate delivery of services on a timely basis to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.
Deal Advisory is a fast-paced area of our advisory business. Continually enhancing value for our clients across the deal and economic cycle, our specialists guide them through the entire process – from the initial concept of buying a business, to turning their business around in times of difficulty through selling, restructuring, or partnering. Our wealth of experience across the deal cycle gives us access to what’s happening in the heart of key sectors and enables you to learn from the very best.
In Deal Advisory, we apply deep technical knowledge and industry experience to a broad mix of complex and challenging transaction and business issues. We work with a range of clients including private companies, the public sector, private equity houses, leading financial institutions and individuals and enhance value in six broad ways:
Buy: We support clients across the critical stages of an acquisition, from Deal strategy through to value realization.
Sell: We help clients maximize shareholder value through active portfolio management and successful divestments of non-core activities or of entire businesses or shareholding in businesses.
Partner: We advise clients in creating and setting up successful new joint ventures or alliances and support clients as a true partner through the life cycle of a joint venture or alliance, giving them confidence from creation to exit.
Fix: We enable turnaround by helping clients identify strategic, operational and financial opportunities to stabilize under-performance and position for sustainable stakeholder value. Deal Advisory assists with Financial Restructuring by focusing on successfully addressing the intense challenges of financial restructuring and debt refinancing to support improvement in company performance and sustainable growth.
Fund: We take a strategic approach to capital structuring transactions, backed by effective communications with shareholders, lenders and other relevant parties and designed to enhance value.
Grow: Growth is a key pillar for every organisation’s strategy. We assist our clients on every aspect of their growth agenda- market growth to operational improvements.
- Assist management on Deal Advisory projects including supporting clients to design, develop and deliver innovative and pragmatic solutions to address business challenges and foster growth.
- Support and guide the planning, budgeting, quality management and resource management of consulting (client) and internal (within KPMG) projects.
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
- Continuously review project’s performance against pre-set objectives and milestones to ensure quality control throughout its life cycle while identifying and addressing key challenges/lessons learnt.
- Ensure effective operation of projects by facilitating flow of essential information and feedback among project stakeholders; regularly and effectively communicate project expectations and updates.
- Provide technical guidance on client assignments including preparation of reports and ensure projects are delivered according to client specification and within set timelines.
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members.
- Facilitate project contracting with associates and coordinate tasks undertaken by sub-consultants.
- Ensure quality and internal risk management guidelines are observed during set up, execution and close out of projects.
- Work with colleagues in East Africa on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Demonstrate business, and commercial acumen and drive for execution.
- Demonstrated track record in undertaking buy side and vendor due diligence, business valuation, restructuring, insolvency and/or M&A projects.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient, able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form - reports, analytical analysis etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Africa as projects require.
- Bachelor’s degree from any reputable University and preferably in a business-related field.
- CPA, ACCA or CFA or any other relevant professional qualification.
- 4-7 years’ work experience within a busy environment in a reputable consulting firm.
- Demonstrated experience in provision of financial due diligence, valuation, restructuring, insolvency or M&A services.
- A fantastic opportunity to work on exciting corporate deals across East Africa.
- Exciting unparalleled exposure to advisory skills, competencies, and tools.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Competitive remuneration alongside a range of other benefits provided to KPMG employees.
- Opportunity for travel.
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please use the link below to apply.
Deal Advisory - Transaction Services Senior. Filling the link is mandatory for consideration alongside your email application to
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Deal Advisory - Transaction Services Senior”.
*Selections will be made on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*