Team Leader for the Local Fund Agent for the Global Fund
Team Leader for the Local Fund Agent for Global Fund
KPMG is a leading provider of professional services including audit, tax and advisory. Our International Development Advisory Services (IDAS) unit adopts a pan-African approach to development work, combining dedicated experienced sector experts with KPMG professionals. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with hubs across the continent, IDAS manages and coordinates programmesand projects throughout Africa to ensure consistency of delivery, results, and impact. KPMG East Africa is the Local Fund Agent (LFA) for the Global Fund in Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, and Eritrea. The LFA is the eyes and the ears of the Global Fund, providing oversight during implementation of the grants and reporting to the Global Fund Secretariat.
We are seeking a high caliber individual for the role of Team Leader for our LFA team. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to LFA portfolio countries, other countries in Africa and occasionally donor countries.
The Team Leader reports to the Fund Portfolio Manager and Country Team of the Global Fund based in Geneva and will lead the LFA in-country team in our LFA portfolio countries. The Team Leader will provide both on-site and remote direction to LFA country teams and review all LFA deliverables to the Global Fund.
The successful candidate must have the following profile:
- Master degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Public Health, Social Sciences or related field.
- Extensive experience in the design, management, monitoring and evaluation of public health programmesespecially in HIV/AIDS, TB and/or Malaria.
- At least 10 years’ experience working with donors and international development agencies including in Africa.
- Experience with the Global Fund and other major development programs in different countries is an added advantage.
- Experience in managing complex multiple projects effectively and efficiently to meet timelines and in achieving program success.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and tact to effectively communicate with senior-level officials, multiple stakeholders, and professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- In addition, the successful candidate should be able to contribute to the KPMG IDAS strategy execution and support business development in our healthcare consulting practice.
- An exciting opportunity to work with a Big 4 firm on cutting edge development programmesacross Africa.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please use the link below to apply:
Team Leader -Local Fund Agent (Global Fund) Candidates summary link. Filling the link is mandatory for consideration alongside your application to email@example.com quoting ‘Team Leader –LFA Global Fund’ by 13 June 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.