Introduction course on Data Management Maturity (DMM)SM Model
KPMG in India presents a two-day training programme on Data Management Maturity Model that focusses on the fundamental process of data management and a set of leading practices to manage critical data assets and implement the same across business lines.
The course covers well known concepts that can help with establishing, building, sustaining, and enhancing effective data management across the data life cycle, right from the creation through delivery, maintenance, and archiving. It also aims to help individuals plan and execute strategic implementation of DMM to gain competitive advantage in the market. The Data Management Maturity Model training concludes with an objective type assessment, and a certificate shall be awarded to the participants who successfully complete the course and score the required percentage of marks.
Objectives of the Data Management Maturity Model course
- To provide an insight about the importance of data management across business lines
- To focus on the fundamental process of data management and the techniques to strategically analyse data
- To create a clear picture of the Data Management Maturity model by establishing a relationship between the different categories and process areas
- To help in implementation of leading practices of data management and assessment of Data Management Maturity Model implementation.
Duration of Course: 2 days
Data Management Maturity Model Course outline:
Session 1: An introduction to the DMM Model
- Why DMM?
- DMM – An introduction
- Overview of DMM categories and process areas
- Overview of the capability and maturity levels of DMM SM
- Parts of process areas
- Overview of the DMM structure Model
Session 2: Data management strategy and data governance
Data management strategy:
- Data management strategy
- Data management function
- Business case
- Governance management
- Business glossary
- Metadata management
Session 3: Data quality and data operations
- Data quality strategy
- Data profiling
- Data quality assessment
- Data cleansing
Data requirement definition
Data life cycle management
Session 4: Platform & architecture and supporting processes
Platform & architecture:
- Architectural approach
- Architectural standards
- Data management platforms
- Data integration
- Historical data, archiving and retention
- Measurement and analysis
- Project management
- Process quality assurance
- Risk management
- Configuration management
Who should attend
The Data Management Maturity Model training course is designed to meet the requirements of the following audience:
- Data management professionals
- Business data management sponsors
- Anyone who is willing to enhance their knowledge about data management.
Mode of training
- Classroom training
- Training course would be conducted in a workshop mode with several exercises and case studies.
‘Participation Certificate’ would be awarded on successful completion of the course by KPMG in India.
Payment can be made by the way of cheque or demand draft drawn in favour of 'KPMG', payable at Bangalore.
All learning programmes are offered under the auspices of the KPMG Learning Academy. Click here to know more.