The growing global concerns on environmental, social and safety issues have created the need for businesses to develop sustainable business models that embed environmental, social and economic principles at strategic, managerial and operational levels.
KPMG specializes in providing a wide range of Climate Change and Sustainability related service offerings.
What differentiates us?
We are a multi-disciplinary team of over 100 members with specialization across a wide range of areas including Environmental Engineering and Management, Forestry, Climate Change, Microbiology and Food Safety, Industrial Health & Safety, Responsible Finance and Investment, and Social and Developmental Science. Our team is strategically located in Mumbai, Delhi and Bengaluru to support our clients across India.
Our expertise in providing clients with Climate Change, Sustainability, and Food Safety related services comes from our extensive experience, thought leadership publications and knowledge sharing, both within the Indian firm and across KPMG’s global network.
Our focus is on providing our clients with progressive and innovative solutions that are tailored to their needs and based on regulatory requirements and stakeholders’ expectations.
The principles, standards, guidelines, methodologies and tools used to provide these services are globally accepted, tested over time, and are updated on a continual stakeholder feedback process.
We provide a diverse range of sustainability services and solutions to support our clients in tackling current and emerging environmental, social and governance (ESG) challenges.
Find out more about our key services below:
- Understanding social and environmental risk: KPMG Dynamic Risk Assessment
- Impact measurement and valuation : True Value assessment
- Sustainability strategy and road map development
- Stakeholder engagement and materiality assessment
- Benchmarking sustainability practices
- Business and human rights services
- Implementation and reporting on UN Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs)
- Climate related risk assessment/TCFD
- Low carbon strategy and business models
- Climate adaptation strategies
- Carbon offset strategies
- Carbon finance – Advisory services on green bonds
- Carbon foot print and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Assurance
- Advisory and assurance on corporate reporting based on;
- GRI framework
- Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR)
- Integrated Reporting based on <IR> framework
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI)
- UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs)
- Verification and assurance services
- Benchmarking reporting quality
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Baseline and needs assessment study
- CSR Strategy
- Impact investment
- Due diligence of implementing agency / NGO
- CSR programme management services
- KPMG Care Tool For Social Projects
- Evaluative and prospective impact evaluation
- Social Return on Investment (SRoI) for CSR Projects
- Exit preparedness study
- Preparation of annual report or publication on CSR
- CSR audit services or assurance services
- Implementation of ESMS and OHSMS based on ISO 14001, ISO 45001/OHSAS 18001
- Environment, Health & Safety, and Social impact assessment
- Environment, Health & Safety, and Social audits
- Supply chain sustainability
Responsible Investment and Due Diligence
- ESG strategy and integration
- ESG due diligence services for investors
- Food safety assessment
- Food fraud investigations
- FOSTAC trainings
- Food safety management system