Role of digital banking in furthering financial inclusion
Role of digital banking in furthering financial i...
This publication articulates the importance of digital in driving financial inclusion in India. Digital banking can play role of a catalyst in achieving the goal of financial inclusion in an economically beneficial manner.
This publication articulates the importance of digital in driving financial inclusion in India. Digital banking can play role of a catalyst in achieving the goal of financial inclusion in an economically beneficial manner. This report gives a good illustration of enabling developments and opportunities with respect to digital banking in financial inclusion. Some of the highlights are:
- Indian consumers have shown tremendous preference for digital technologies, which is reflected in tremendous growth rates in e-commerce and mobile phone adoption.
- Government of India and RBI, as part of Digital India and Financial Inclusion agenda, have launched a slew of initiatives and changes to enhance penetration.
- Banks need to invest in building more capabilities to enhance service simplicity, availability and interoperability.
- Need for ecosystem players to adopt a holistic approach on going digital and integrating business strategy covering all constituents to create a remarkable customer experience.
© 2023 KPMG Assurance and Consulting Services LLP, an Indian Limited Liability Partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
KPMG (Registered) (a partnership firm with Registration No. BA- 62445) converted into KPMG Assurance and Consulting Services LLP (a Limited Liability partnership firm) with LLP Registration No. AAT-0367 with effect from July 23, 2020.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organization please visit https://kpmg.com/governance.
Connect with us
- Find office locations kpmg.findOfficeLocations
- Social media @ KPMG kpmg.socialMedia