Bribery and corruption – changing dynamics in a global, virtual world
Date: 09 December 2020 | Time: 4.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. (IST)
Corruption is an impediment to economic and social development. It undermines public confidence in governance, distorts development priorities, impedes investment, undermines fair competition and raises transaction costs. It also poses financial, operational and reputational risks to the companies.
A staggering number of countries are showing little to no improvement in tackling corruption. One of the plausible reasons is lack of socio-political will for a change. It is a prevalent attitude in countries with low scores that corruption is a way of life. However, this is not true and every society, sector and citizen would benefit by uniting against corruption. Your commitment is important, now more than ever.
Our speakers discussed and shared their insights on:
- Bribery and corruption – the big picture
- How the fight against corruption is shaping up - Global and India perspective
- How corporates can unite and fight corruption together
- Our practical experience and learnings.
- Transparency International, Global Corruption Barometer, Asia 2020
Jagvinder S. Brar
Partner and Co-Head, Forensic Services, KPMG in India
Technical Director, Forensic Services, KPMG in India
Executive Director, Forensic Services, KPMG in India
Senior Advisor, Forensic Services, KPMG in India