Growth is usually one of the top agenda items for CEOs. Companies are targeting aggressive growth strategies in response to structural shifts caused by new technologies, changing regulations, evolving customer needs and sector convergence. However, realizing growth is extremely challenging – with the majority of organizations unable to achieve and / or sustain their growth ambitions.
Experience suggests that this may be the result of:
- Unrealistic growth objectives driving an undeliverable strategy
- A failure to consider implementation capabilities and bandwidth to execute
- Leadership team misalignment
- Lack of stakeholder support
- An inability to evolve and innovate in response to changing market and customer requirements
The Global Strategy Group’s (GSG) approach to driving step-change growth and top-quartile performance addresses issues such as:
- How to access new and unmet revenue and profit pools?
- How to profitably enter new markets and segments in a short timeframe?
- How to develop and commercialize innovative products in order to grow?
- How to attract new customers and enhance loyalty?
GSG’s approach is based on identifying and implementing a prioritized set of growth platforms that will enable clients to achieve their growth ambitions. This distinctive approach, underpinned by the 9 Levers of Value, is designed to bring benefits for clients:
- Connects related opportunities, driving internal collaboration and efficiency
- Builds up insight and enables scaled investment over time, as one opportunity leads to another
- Provides multiple routes to achieve targets and mitigates risk of setbacks with diversified portfolios of opportunities – if one idea falters, the platform remains strong
- Provides a realistic plan, accounting for the required talent and skillsets, time horizons and appetite for risk
- Enables sustained growth by institutionalizing growth as a capability in the company’s DNA
- Sets up ongoing management of new growth opportunities as a portfolio of investments with specific metrics to maintain momentum and progress
The following case examples demonstrate how GSG’s growth platforms approach has been successfully applied to client issues.
Helping a global oil and gas major disrupt its market
The automotive lubrication division of a large global oil and gas major had
invented and patented a new and revolutionary lubrication technology, which promised to disrupt the market. GSG professionals assisted in developing the go-to-market strategy, value based pricing and operating model for a game changing business built around the new technology.
Charting double digit growth in China for an underperforming multinational company
A multinational player in the industrial sector was having growth challenges in its Chinese operations. GSG professionals helped the company to chart double digit profitable growth by adopting a customer centric business model and retooling operations.
Get in touch
To find out more about how our Growth Strategy & Turnaround team can help you with what’s next for your business, please get in touch. We’d be delighted to hear from you.
Contact the team
Head of Deal Advisory
KPMG in Ireland
Head of Infrastructure & Government & Corporate Finance
KPMG in Ireland
Partner, Head of Strategy
KPMG in Ireland