Organisations live in an uncertain world and must navigate rapidly evolving political, regulatory, environmental, technological, and economic landscapes to thrive and survive. Whilst no one can predict the future, financial models are a critical tool for leadership teams to better understand the possible risks and returns when making key financial, commercial, or strategic decisions in the face of uncertainty.
Our Financial Modelling Centre of Excellence assists clients, across all industries and sectors, to have a deeper understanding of their organisations, to unlock funding, to optimise capital allocation, to support acquisitions and disposals, and to assess competing options and scenarios.
Why KPMG’s Financial Modelling Centre of Excellence?
We are a dedicated team of experienced financial modellers with a strong track-record of supporting clients in the delivery of high-quality financial models. We are part of the #1 Corporate Finance team in Ireland and the leading professional services firm on the island.*
Our capabilities include building and reviewing financial models, as well as providing financial modelling training services. We leverage tried and tested methodologies, employ rigorous risk management processes (including utilising KPMG's proprietary model review software), and adhere to globally recognised best practice modelling principles.
Our financial models are designed to be robust, flexible, dynamic, and intuitive.
Some examples of how our clients use financial models include:
- Financial planning & analysis – Operational modelling, organisational forecasting, planning, budgeting, and reporting tools.
- Transactions – Buy-side and sell-side financial modelling to understand value, synergies, pricing, and returns.
- Funding – Unlocking bank lending, project finance, acquisition finance, equity investment, and government grants.
- Tenders – Financial model templates, shadow bid models, and tender bid models for large (typically public sector) capital projects.
- Strategy – Models to answer specific strategic questions for an organisation, such as market sizing and market entry, organisational reviews, options assessments, stress-testing, cost-benefit analysis, and scenario analysis.
*Source: MergerMarket. Irish M&A Financial Advisor of the Year, 2022, and most corporate finance transactions advised on in each year 2021, 2020 and 2019.
Get in touch
If you have any queries on using a financial model to help your organisation thrive, please contact our team below. We'd be delighted to hear from you.