IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts will soon be a reality and many companies will be spending this summer working intensively to build their IFRS 17 opening balance sheet.
To help you navigate this exercise with greater confidence, KPMG is hosting a webcast “The survival guide to the IFRS 17 opening balance sheet” to share insights from KPMG professionals around the world. What areas of the IFRS 17 transition do you need to know about? How can you best plan for the interaction with your auditors? What are the tax considerations specific to this one-time exercise and how can you successfully embed the transition from project mode to going live?
With one week to go until the event, please register and share with your clients to answer those questions and tackle the new world of IFRS 17 with confidence.
- Key features of the IFRS 17 transition methods and the interaction with the transition to IFRS 9.
- Tax reporting and disclosure considerations specific to the opening balance sheet.
- How to plan for effective interaction with your auditors.
- How to manage change and measure success.
- Mary Trussell, Insurance Accounting and Regulatory Change Global Lead, KPMG International
- Philip Jacobs, Global Head of Insurance Tax, KPMG International
- Mark Taylor, Global Head of Insurance Audit Quality, KPMG International
- Bob Owel, Director, International Standards Group, KPMG International
- Trevor Gibbons, Senior Manager, International Standards Group, KPMG International
- Rosario Porpora, Director, KPMG in the US
The event will last approximately 90 minutes and will be recorded, with a link circulated for those unable to attend.
Get in touch
If you have any queries on this webcast, or the topics covered, please contact our team below. We'd be delighted to hear from you.