Article Posted date 13 December 2021
1 min read
Welcome to our second report on strategic priorities in Ireland. It follows our Q3-4 2021 survey across the island of Ireland, covering enterprises large and small, private and public sector.
We find that:
- For the second year running, revenue growth is the immediate priority – with around half of that to be driven by a new product or service launch
- Decarbonisation has shot up the executive priority lists, with now more leaders expecting it to dominate strategic decision making throughout the 2020s than any other issue
- The existential threat posed by the response to the pandemic eased for many, with the percentage of businesses in ‘survival’ mode falling significantly
- The pandemic hiatus in the war for talent is well and truly over as businesses expect to battle for the skills required to realise their strategic goals
- In 2021-22 as in 2020, companies are much more confident about the quality of their business model (think propositions, brands, channels) than about the operating models (think core processes, technology, culture, KPIs) they depend upon
Get in touch
If you’d like to benchmark yourself against your peer set on the island, reach out. To find out more about how KPMG perspectives and fresh thinking on strategy can help your business or organisation thrive contact Mark Collins, Alan Boyne, or Christopher Brown.
Our survey team
Email Mark Collins
Email Alan Boyne
Email Christopher Brown
Email William Taylor