Professional and industry experience
- Alan has comprehensive experience of advising companies in a wide range of industries on all aspects of company law and company secretarial, practice.
- Alan has expertise in the areas of company compliance, company formations, corporate restructuring, start-ups, voluntary winding-up, restorations and the law of meetings.
- Alan provides support in these practice areas and general corporate governance advise to private, public and financial services companies.
- Alan has extensive experience of working with boards within the financial services sector in relation to the organisation and running of board meetings.
- Secondment of eight months to the Corporate Governance department of a leading listed banking institution. Co-ordinating, attending and minuting Board meetings of Tier 2 companies. Preparing papers for consideration at Board meetings and Audit Committee meetings. Working on various internal projects. Reviewing and drafting reports for the annual financial report.
- Leading and attending board meetings to take and prepare minutes and detailed action items.
- A team leader and manager dealing with a large portfolio of companies to ensure compliance with Irish company law.
- Preparing documentation to apply for stamp duty reliefs.
- Drafting of documentation to implement a restructuring by way of merging group companies.
Representative sector experience
Alan has advised on Company Secretarial practice matters in a number of industry sectors including financial services, healthcare, energy, food, property development and agri-services.
Associate of the Chartered Governance Institute (“CGI”)