Buying a business
Buying a business
KPMG’s specialists guide you through buying a business, from developing an acquisition strategy to closing the deal.
KPMG supports you, from developing an acquisition strategy to the closing the deal.
As you execute your company’s growth strategy through acquisitions you will reach a number of decision points. From identifying target markets and potential targets to running an efficient transaction process and realizing upside or synergy value, we help you confidently navigate the complexities of buying a business, unlocking value at every stage.
We help identify key risks and rewards throughout the acquisition life cycle – even for the most complex deals. We help you align deals with your strategic business objectives, maintain compliance and enhance value from integration and potential upside opportunity.
Our team of specialists helps you focus on and answer the key questions during the critical stages of planning and executing an acquisition.
- Deal strategy: How to maximize shareholder value and returns?
- Criteria catalogue: How to identify key acquisition criteria?
- Target universe: Which businesses fit the acquisition strategy in the target markets?
- Contacting: How to best approach selected targets?
- Synergies: What is the synergy potential of the business?
- Evaluation: What is the business worth to me?
- Seller’s considerations: What are the seller’s underlying expectations?
- Making an offer: How to prepare an attractive non-binding indicative offer?
- Due diligence: What type of investigations should be carried out?
- Risk management: How to assess issues identified during the due diligence?
- Negotiation: What is the most effective way to negotiate with the seller?
- Transaction documents: How to avoid disadvantageous SPA terms leading to erosion of the target’s value?
Discover the answers and other key considerations by contacting one of our specialists.