Establishing or acquiring a shipping business in Greece
Establishing/acquiring a shipping business in Greece
A competent business partner should identify and focus on the critical issues with regards to the Shipping Sector.
Shipping and Ports have been operating in an increasingly challenging economic environment, characterized by demand and supply imbalances, volatile freight rates and vessel values, increasing regulation, environmental concerns, piracy and geopolitical risks, among others. All these factors have contributed to a demanding business environment that puts even seasoned shipping executives to the test.
Key challenges we can assist with:
- Advisory and implementation services for establishing or acquiring shipping companies, offices of foreign ship-management companies (Art.25 L.27/1975), and L.89 offices for certain related services
- Optimum tax treatment and tax/regulatory obligations
- Financial Due Diligence (Identification of risks, analysis of performance, determination of business value)
- Commercial Due Diligence (Market analysis, customers and competition analysis)
- Legal support on the incorporation of a new entity
- Corporate legal advice and M&A legal services.
© 2023 KPMG Accountants Single Member S.A., a Greek Societe Anonyme and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.