Environmental consciousness - a major challenge for Shipping & Ports
Environmental consciousness in the Shipping business
We are fully aware and thoroughly understand the issues relating to environmental hazards and have helped many clients in this area.
Shipping and Ports have been operating in an increasingly challenging economic environment, characterized by demand and supply imbalances, volatile freight rates and vessel values, increasing regulation, environmental concerns, piracy and geopolitical risks, among others. All these factors have contributed to a demanding business environment that puts even seasoned shipping executives to the test.
- Compliance with environmental protection regulations
- Advice on the quality of the fleet in order to comply with environmental legislation
- Advice on the capital spend for environmental purposes
- Transaction support for environmental health and safety and reputation issues
- Corporate Social Responsibility strategy design and deployment
- Sustainability services (e.g. GHG/CO2 emissions monitoring & reporting),
- Technical assurance and certification (EU ETS verification of maritime emissions.)
- Advice on climate change and emissions trading
© 2023 KPMG Accountants Single Member S.A., a Greek Societe Anonyme and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.