To provide technical and administrative leadership in the performance of the function of the Digital Hub.
The role holder will oversee the innovation, development, and data analytics functions of the Organization through the Digital Hub. S/He will focus on creating and implementing the overall digital strategy keeping in mind potential implications to the Organization. S/He will put a special focus on creating new value through the smart use of digital tools, platforms, technologies, services, and processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Manage relationship with the Digital Steering Committee (DSC)
- Partner with the business to understand business priorities for digital and analytics solutions to ensure digital hub projects are focused on solving problems that are critical to the business.
- Monitor and control implementation of operational and work plans along with digital-related project plans to identify and mitigate risks and report on performance.
- Help to manage internal and external partnerships with government and private stakeholders to drive business development and technical innovation.
- Develop consolidated work plans and implementation plans for the digital hub.
- Oversee the preparation of annual and other periodic reports, including progress and status reports, related to the digital hub.
- Represent Digital Hub in Organisation-wide meetings and discussions.
- Ensure staff operates in accordance with all relevant Organisation policies and standard operating procedures.
Technical and professional duties
- Manage the development of high-quality digital tools for the internal organization and externally with the taxpayers.
- Oversee the delivery of use cases and digital journeys across multiple domains of engineering, design, and data.
- Develop clearly defined metrics to evaluate success and continuous, measurable improvement for digital journeys.
- Follow local and international trends from both a technological and a business perspective.
- Implement the digital strategy and plan harmoniously with corporate-wide strategy and plans.
- Guarantee the consistency and quality of the taxpayer experience across all digital channels and optimizes taxpayer journey across channels.
- Measure ROI on digital projects, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure we're investing in the right tools and resources.
- Ensure agile methodology across the entire digital hub to improve digital journey delivery time and efficient use of digital resources.
Managerial and Administrative duties
- Plan and manage the resources needed to support delivery of operational plans.
- Implement and manage programmes that support high standards of ethics and integrity and ensure all Organisation values, especially integrity is adhered to by all staff.
- Provide periodic administrative reports, including expenditure report to the Chief Technology Officer
- Set operational targets for the Digital hub.
- Liaise with the Chief Technology Officer on staff requirements, desired competencies, training and development needs in line with operational needs and organizational changes.
- Supervise activities of the Digital hub.
- Identify opportunities for performance optimization and guide the team in implementing efficient solutions.
- Prepare and submit performance reports to the Digital hub.
People management duties
- Conduct performance reviews in accordance with work plans; complete supervisor level performance assessments and recommend appropriate training and development programmes as necessary.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and guidance to direct reports and other the staff through objective setting, coaching, mentoring and training; aiding and support when needed.
- Develop and maintain effective cooperative working relationships with staff.
- Initiate and participate in disciplinary proceedings relating to staff within the Office and implement corrective measures.
- Ensure that regular meetings are held with stakeholders to evaluate performance and continuous improvement.
- Supervise and appraise the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge in leading the design and execution of digital strategies and business plans/budgets.
- Strong stakeholder and change management skills, including with business and IT.
- Working knowledge of Government policies, guidelines, systems, and procedures
Required Specialised and Technical Skills
- Excellent leadership skills in building, developing, and managing a strong team.
- Strong knowledge of software development and analytics methodologies as well as their place in a digital unit
- Ability to delegate to achieve the right level of involvement on day-to-day decisions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills (i.e., problem definition & structuring, analysis definition, insight generation & recommendation generation)
- Think as a customer, to anticipate new customer needs and further develop the range of services to the mutual benefit of the company and the customer.
- Challenger mindset and passion for challenging the status quo to find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas - loves and embraces change.
- Belief in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, and trust across
- the team
- Ability to communicate and work with non-technical and technical experts both internal and external to GRA.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- A minimum of a master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Membership of a recognized professional body would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years' post qualification experience in project management
- Proven track record of leading successful digital transformation projects
- Relevant technical knowledge or experience may include HTML 5, CMS, and cloud technologies like AWS.
- Demonstrated experience implementing "Best Practice" approach in digital strategy, change management, and transformation.
- Demonstrated ability to network in the digital community regionally and globally.
Interested and qualified, please submit your CV, application letter and copies of your certificates to email@example.com with the subject of the email indicating the position applied for, not later than 19 OCTOBER 2023.
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.