The Job summary
KPMG seeks to work with international and local experts on a potential 3-year project in Ghana.
The preferred candidates must be able to demonstrate the following expertise, experience and knowledge.
Latest CJEU, EFTA and ECHR
CJEU decisions on progressive tax on turnover and fines related to advertising tax
On March 3, 2020, the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) rendered its decisions in three cases, (C-482/18), (C-323/18) and (C-75/18), each of which concerned aspects of Hungarian law. The CJEU decided that the EU freedom of establishment does not preclude Member States from levying a progressive tax on turnover, the actual burden of which is mainly borne by companies controlled from another Member State. The Court also ruled that Hungarian advertisement tax penalty regime disproportionately affected companies located in another EU Member State and was therefore contrary to the EU principle of freedom to provide services.
For more information, please refer to Euro Tax Flash Issue 426.
Expertise (in one or more of the following)
- Development Bank missions and operations
- Commercial Banking
- Design / Implementation of Training for development and commercial banking staff
- Banking legislation and regulations
- Business development for development banks
- Information Technology (IT) in Banking environments
- Track record in delivering training and capacity building for operational policies and procedures for financial institutions in Ghana or in emerging economies;
- Proven experience in leading similar assignments, preferably in Africa or in emerging economies;
- Experience in advising financial sector clients in financial management policies and manuals, budgeting and accounting procedures, human resources (HR) policies, and administrative procedures;
- Experience in providing corporate governance advice to financial sector clients, particularly on the operational procedures for the Board of Directors, strengthening and evaluation of the Board;
- Experience in the provision of consulting services for the strengthening of internal controls, financial management, and corporate governance;
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in development banking-related projects
Knowledge & Qualification
- Degree in economics, finance, accounting, auditing, business administration, or other relevant discipline;
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial sector legislation in Ghana, particularly of the prudential standards applicable to banks;
- Knowledge of international corporate governance standards and corporate governance requirements applicable to financial institutions in Ghana, including principles/requirements on ethics and business conduct, conflicts of interest, and anti-corruption;
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English language.
Kindly send your application with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 22 February 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.