KPMG Law collaborates closely with tax specialists and auditors to provide clients with a wide range of services in the field of corporate law and governance. Our offerings include:
- Creation, liquidation, and reorganization of legal entities
- Market entry and market exit analysis and implementation
- Establishment of joint ventures using contractual and corporate mechanisms
- Evaluation of the effectiveness and transparency of corporate governance structures and holding structures
- Development of internal regulatory documents
- Support for the activities of the Board of Directors, including corporate secretary services
- Advising directors on rights implementation and compliance with obligations
- Management of corporate documents, including annual disclosure of information in compliance with regulatory requirements and -internal requirements of corporate groups.
Through our integrated approach, we aim to assist clients in achieving their corporate objectives and ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory frameworks.
With the new Company Law effective from January 2022, Georgian businesses have become subject to an increased regulatory and compliance burden. Our experience includes setting up numerous legal entities and providing assistance in day-to-day corporate decision-making from a legal perspective. As the statutory deadline to adopt new law requirements approaches by the end of December 2023, we offer our clients both standard and tailored statutory compliance services.
Our experience in corporate governance services includes providing corporate governance advisory and preparing a corporate governance code for a commercial bank. We have also provided corporate governance advisory services for microfinance organizations and lending institutions in Georgia. Additionally, we have designed corporate governance structures for various business entities during their establishment phase and have implemented corporate governance optimization programs. Furthermore, we have conducted corporate governance compliance due diligence as part of our legal due diligence projects in the financial, energy, agriculture, and manufacturing industries.