Taking into account the complex regulatory requirements, corporate finance transactions are associated with significant risks. KPMG Law advises banks, professional securities market participants, financial institutions, and investors on all business issues. The KPMG Law Business Financing practice provides services related to compliance with regulatory requirements, support for financial transactions (including capital markets transactions, lending, derivative financial instruments, financing of trading operations, mortgages, and other types of collateral, as well as other transactions), bad debts, and taxation of financial transactions. KPMG Law also offers services for structuring intra-group financing and providing liquidity, such as intra-group loans, cash pooling, and syndicated lending.
Our regulatory financial market advice covers a wide range of areas, including:
- Banking regulations
- Payment services and e-money
- FinTech matters
- Review of financial promotions
- Financial services governance reviews
KPMG Law provides legal support throughout the IPO process in all major jurisdictions. Our capital market lawyers offer comprehensive legal and multidisciplinary advice and support in the following processes and issues:
- Issuance of securities (including readiness assessment, pre-IPO due diligence, and IPO prospectus)
- Raising funds through both debt and equity
- New financing instruments (such as ICOs/Token offerings)
- Capital market compliance
- Derivatives (both OTC derivatives and exchange-traded derivatives)
- Insider trading/market manipulation
- Corporate governance of listed companies
It is a strategic goal of the Georgian government to support the establishment and promotion of new financing mechanisms in the country. Our multidisciplinary team is equipped with sector-specific experience and subject matter knowledge, which complements our legal expertise to support our clients' business development goals.
Over the past years, we have advised Georgian banking and non-banking financial institutions on financing, corporate, and commercial transactions. Our business financing advisory experience includes consultancy to leasing and lending institutions, covering the regulatory and civil law aspects of financing transactions.