Our Nordic PE sector team shares insights on PE deal volumes in key sectors across the Nordics.
Key takeaways from Q4, 2022:
- Nordic Buyout and VC deal volumes decreased significantly in H2’22, but remained relatively solid compared to average quarterly volumes prior to ’21 peak levels
- Tech and Business Services continued as the most active sectors for Buyout funds
- Fundraising slowed in ’22 as LPs reconsidered asset allocations. 18 buyout and VC funds closed in the Nordics in ’22, with a total value exceeding €17.3bn
- Deal volume is expected to remain relatively low during Q1 ’23, primarily due to uncertainties in the market and difficulties accessing financing, especially for larger deals
- Deal completion lead times may increase, as alignment of valuation expectations between sellers and buyers has become more difficult