Anti-bribery, anti-corruption & reporting mechanisms
11 May 2022 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | 3 CPD
11 May 2022 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | 3 CPD
As the markets try to adjust to the pandemic era and the impact of the sanctions that have been imposed on Russia in light of the war in Ukraine, there is a considerable pressure for certain actors to stay competitive. This pressure creates a fertile ground for the provision of bribes to gain uneven and unfair advantage over competition. Cyprus, a small market, follows its own trend. State efforts towards combating white collar crime in the pre-Covid era are included in the preparation of the National Anti-Bribery Strategy, whereby the implementation of an anti-bribery management system in line with ISO 37001 is encouraged and of equal importance is the promotion of reporting these crimes. Whistleblowing is of immense importance when it comes to combating such crimes and the legal framework against corruption voted by the Parliament last February provides a solid ground towards this direction. In addition, specific guidelines have been issued for whistleblowing under ISO 37002. Join us for this webinar to analyse bribery and corruption trends, as well as ways to combat them with emphasis on anti-bribery management systems in line with ISO 37001.
By the end of the webinar, participants will have an understanding of:
- The current landscape in anti-bribery and corruption in Cyprus
- The prerequisites for setting up an Anti-bribery Management System in line with ISO37001
- The importance of incident reporting, the requirements of the Whistleblowing Directive, and the guidelines of ISO 37002
- The impact of mitigating bribery and corruption risks.
This webinar is addressed to Chief Executive Officers, Chief Audit Executives, Chief Risk Officers, Compliance Officers, Health & Safety Officers.
Join the webinar (8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.)*
Sessions (9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. including two 15-min breaks between sessions)
Introduction (20 min)
- Historical development of bribery and corruption
Current landscape (45 min)
- Cyprus anti-corruption strategy
- Legislation affecting corporations
The importance of the management and mitigation of bribery (20 min)
- Benefits of implementing an Anti-Bribery and Whistleblowing system
Implementation of an Anti-Bribery Management System in line with ISO 37001 (1 hour and 10 min)
- Setting an Anti-bribery and Corruption Policy
- Assessing the bribery risk and the potential damage as a result
- Setting the roles
- Implementation of controls
- Whistleblowing policy and ISO 37002 guidelines
- Continuous awareness raising
- Internal Audit
Case Studies (20 min)
- Failure to detect a bribery and consequences incurred
- Successful implementation of mechanisms to mitigate bribery risk
Questions & Answers (5 min)
*Note: Please join the meeting 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time (join at 8:30 a.m.), in order to make sure that you do not face any connection or other technical issues.
If you wish to register for the webinar, please complete the registration form.
Once your registration is submitted, you will receive an email stating the participation fee, including any discounts, if applicable. Kindly note that the payment should be settled at least two days prior to the webinar’s date for your registration to be confirmed.
If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail regarding your registration, your participation cannot be guaranteed.
€110 + VAT
*Last Date for 10% Early Bird Discount: 20/04/22
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enrol in the same webinar, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enrol in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable. For more information on our alumni scheme, click here.
- There is a 10% early bird discount on selected webinars for participants who enrol in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved webinars.
For any queries, please contact Irini Avraam on +357 22 207 460 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPD: This webinar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. Shortly after the webinar’s date, participants will receive electronically a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (3 CPD).
Senior Manager, Governance, Risk and Compliance Services, KPMG in Cyprus
Petros is a Senior Manager at the Governance, Risk and Compliance Services department of KPMG in Cyprus. He holds a BA in Sociology and a MSc in European & Comparative Public Policy. He is a member of the Association of Internal Auditors of Cyprus, and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. He possesses extensive experience in strategy consulting, public procurement, internal audit and regulatory compliance, servicing clients both in the private and public sector. He assists various organisations in setting up Anti-bribery Management Systems. He has knowledge of KPMG methodologies geared towards assessing the impact of ESG risks in companies. Finally, he has wide experience in the implementation and management of projects funded by instruments of the European Union both at National and at EU level.