Becoming a data-driven organization
7 & 8 October 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 13.00 p.m. | 7 CPD
7 & 8 October 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 13.00 p.m. | 7 CPD
Please note that this webinar is part of a training series “The journey to data-driven decision-making”. This webinar can be attended independently or as part of the whole training series. The additional webinars that are included in this series of trainings are:
- Enterprise Performance Management: The journey to data-driven decision-making
- Analytics adoption: The journey to data-driven decision-making
- Data Management & Quality: The journey to data-driven decision-making
Please note that since the daily numbers of COVID-19 cases in Cyprus are still considered high, KPMG Academy will keep offering its trainings online until further notice, to ensure the safety of its clients and personnel. In case of considerable decrease in COVID-19 cases in Cyprus and the level of contamination through physical gatherings becomes relatively low, webinars will be converted to face-to-face seminars. If so, this training will be conducted on 7 October 2021 (from 8:30 to 16:45) instead of 7 & 8 September 2021 (from 9:00 to 13:00). Further information will be communicated to you in due course.
Data is now the most significant asset that many organisations possess. Businesses worldwide are investing billions in an effort to unlock its secrets and enormous disruptive potential. It is at the heart of new business models, technologies and an ecosystem of companies providing almost anything as a service. Over the next three to five years, an organisation’s success will depend on how effectively it unleashes the power of data.
This seminar will provide the basic knowledge, tools and concepts necessary to develop the understanding of actions and roles in order to transform to a data-driven organisation. The trainers will cover all the steps in the analytics journey, considerations and important milestones. By attending the seminar, participants will improve their decision-making when it comes to data and understand the need for their organisation to become data-driven.
By the end of the seminar, participants will:
- Describe the journey, its components and the necessity of each milestone
- Identify important next steps and define their own organisation’s maturity on the journey to become data-driven
- Acknowledge the challenges and explain how to overcome them
- Recognise the concept of data-driven organisations
- Implement steps towards becoming data-driven within their organisations, in order to improve management decision-making
- Explain the subjects of data integration, data governance and analytics
- Develop a data strategy and work on establishing one
- Appreciate the importance of becoming data-driven
- Intend to participate in strategic discussions concerning management decision-making.
Company owners and managers, executives tasked with data analytics within organisations, CEOs, CIOs, chief operating officers, chief commercial officers and other related professionals.
*The number of participants is restricted to 28.
Join the webinar (8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.) *
Sessions (9:00 a.m. – 13:00 p.m. including two 15-min breaks between sessions)
1. Introduction and important concepts (30 min)
- What does it mean to be a data driven organization?
- What are the benefits of becoming data driven?
- What are the success factors (tools, culture, strategy)
2. Framework for becoming data driven (1 hr & 15 min)
- Overview of the framework
- What are the main objectives and goals?
- Implementing your data strategy
3 . Maturity Assessment Workshop (1 hr)
- Data & Analytics Maturity Assessment
- Participants will assess their own organization or department
4. The journey towards becoming data driven (1 hr & 15 min)
- Data integration
- Data governance
- Business intelligence and analytics
- Advanced analytics
- Become data driven
5. Steps to getting started (1 hr)
- Establishing a road map (where to start, quick wins, how to scale up)
- Measuring success
- Pipeline creation (how to and pitfalls)
6. Challenges (45 min)
- Discover challenges faced by attendees
- Examine main challenges facing organizations in general
- Identify and address pitfalls along the journey to prepare for
7. Use Cases (30 min)
- Examination of use cases for companies which are data driven organizations in a number of industries including banking and insurance
8. Next Steps & Final Thoughts (30 min)
9. Questions & Answers (15 min)
*Note: Please join the meeting 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time (join at 8:30 a.m.), in order to make sure that you do not face any connection or other technical issues.
If you wish to register for the webinar, please complete the registration form.
Once your registration is submitted, you will receive an email stating the participation fee, including any discounts, if applicable. Kindly note that the payment should be settled at least two days prior to the webinar’s date for your registration to be confirmed.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy. Please note that there are limited seats available, therefore enrol in this webinar as soon as possible.
If you do not receive our confirmation e-mail regarding your registration, your participation cannot be guaranteed.
€240 + VAT. Net investment after subsidy from the HRDA of €119: €166,60 (including VAT) for all eligible participants*
*Last Date for 10% Early Bird Discount: 16/09/2021
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enrol in the same webinar, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enrol in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable. For more information on our alumni scheme, click here.
- There is a 10% Early bird discount on selected webinars for participants who enrol in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- This training belongs to a bundle, other trainings in this bundle are the following, “Enterprise Performance Management: The journey to data-driven decision-making”, “Analytics adoption: The journey to data-driven decision-making” and “Data Management & Quality: The journey to data-driven decision-making”. There is a 10% discount on the registration fees of the webinar with the highest price (“Analytics adoption: The journey to data-driven decision-making”) for individuals/legal entities who/which register the same participant(s) for all the trainings of the bundle within the same day. Kindly note that this discount applies if the same participant(s), attend(s) all trainings. If a legal entity wants to buy the same bundle for additional participants then the specific bundle can be bought more than once, and each participant will be entitled to the discount of the specific bundle. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved webinars.
For any queries, please contact Irini Avraam on +357 22 207 460 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPD: This webinar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. Shortly after the webinar’s date, participants will receive electronically a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (7 CPD).
Senior Manager, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Vanja is a Senior Manager leading the Data & Analytics service line, IT Advisory of KPMG in Cyprus. She holds a BBA (Finance and Investments) from Baruch College, City University of New York and an MSc in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics from CIIM. Since she joined KPMG in 2018, Vanja participated, amongst other, in Data Analytics projects in the finance, insurance, aviation, consumer products, oil & gas, shipping industries etc. She is responsible for delivering advanced analytics and business intelligence solutions to companies in Cyprus, the CIS region and Africa.
Vanja has extensive prior experience in the field of finance and investments, having worked in Private Wealth Management with Goldman Sachs & Co. in New York. She also possesses broad experience in structuring and originating debt instruments in the emerging markets, as well as in sales and marketing of financial products in Europe and New York. Her prior experience also includes production management liaising with counterparts in Asia and the Middle East to ensure quality delivery and execution of products.
Manager, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Zaher is a manager in the Digital Transformation group of KPMG in Cyprus. He holds MSc and BSc degrees in Management Information Systems and is a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP).
Zaher is specializing in digital transformation, business process automation, agile transformation, and customer experience design He gained years of relevant experience by providing advisory and delivery services to global & regional organizations spanning multiple industries in EMEA and Asia-Pacific regions.
His focus is on transforming business operations and creating new digital business models by leveraging insights, methodologies, and relevant digital technologies to drive growth, competitive advantage, customer value/success, and resiliency.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy.