8 & 9 December 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 13:00 p.m. | 7 CPD
8 & 9 December 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 13:00 p.m. | 7 CPD
Please note that this webinar is part of a training series "The journey to data-driven decision-making”. This webinar can be attended independently or as part of the whole training series. The additional webinars that are included in this series of trainings are:
- Becoming a Data Driven Organization: The journey to data-driven decision-making
- Enterprise Performance Management: The journey to data-driven decision-making
- Data Management & Quality: The journey to data-driven decision-making
Please note that since the daily numbers of COVID-19 cases in Cyprus are still considered high, KPMG Academy will keep offering its trainings online until further notice, to ensure the safety of its clients and personnel. In case of considerable decrease in COVID-19 cases in Cyprus and if the level of contamination through physical gatherings becomes relatively low, webinars will be converted to face-to-face seminars. If so, this training will be conducted on 9 December 2021 (from 8:30 to 16:45) instead of 8 & 9 December 2021 (from 9:00 to 13:00). Further information will be communicated to you in due course.
Data is all around us. Visualising is the first step towards receiving value from your data and enabling Enterprise Performance Management within the organization. Understanding how to conduct descriptive analytics, however, is the first significant step towards using business intelligence and enabling enhanced management decision making.
The two trainers of this webinar are passionate about analytics and possess solid experience in the field as well as considerable qualifications. This is a-not to be missed-webinar for those who deal with data analytics and seek to make a difference in their profession. The training aims to reveal the power of data and its necessity in today’s business world.
This training will provide the basic knowledge of tools and concepts necessary to develop descriptive analytics skills, for better insight from data within organisations. By attending this first-class training, participants will also improve their management decision-making skills and support development of enterprise performance management in the organization.
IMPORTANT NOTICE-TRAINING’S REQUIREMENTS:
During the seminar BI concepts will be demonstrated through well-known technologies like PowerBI, SAS VA and AWS QuickSight. Therefore, participants are required to arrange the Power BI desktop application to be installed on their computer prior to the training’s date. Participants can download the latest version of Power BI desktop application in English for free here. In addition, participants are required to download the data files that will be sent to them via email in advance, for the training’s purposes.
By the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify important KPIs and determine how to find necessary data related to those indicators
- Acknowledge the difference between look up and data tables
- Describe what hierarchies are and create relationships between datasets.
- Explain how to improve decision making, compare and contrast results and reach better, well informed decisions
- Utilize and visualize KPI targets
- Implement descriptive analytics for their organisations, in order to improve management decision- making
- Explain the subject of management reporting and descriptive analytics
- Verify changes in measured metrics
- Appreciate the importance of descriptive analytics
- Intend to participate in strategic discussions concerning management decision making.
Company owners and managers, executives tasked with data analytics within organisations, chief executive officers, chief operating officers, chief commercial officers and other related professionals.
*The number of participants is restricted to 16.
Join the webinar (8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.) *
Sessions (9:00 a.m. – 13:00 p.m. including two 15-min breaks between sessions)
1. Descriptive analytics (1 hr)
- Explanation of the term descriptive analytics and benefits
- What tools can we use?
2. Data quality & preparation (1 hr)
- What is data quality?
- Selecting data for KPI visualization
- Preparing data for visualisation tools
- Lookup tables vs Data tables
- Why do we need lookup tables?
- Practical demonstration
3. Getting started (1 hr)
- Overview of the tool
- Connecting to a data file
- Navigating through your tool
- Creating relationships between tables
- Creating charts
- Drilling down and up in hierarchies
- Adding colours
- Adding calculated columns
- Adding labels and formatting
4. KPIs, time series, aggregation and filters (1hr & 30 min)
- Setting targets and KPI monitoring
- Working with time series
- Understanding aggregation and granularity
- Creating an area chart & learning about highlighting
- Filters and slicers
5. Maps, scatterplots and interactive BI (Business Intelligence) reports (1hr & 30 min)
- Calculated columns vs calculated measures
- Creating a scatter plot
- Combining charts, filters and slicers
- Adding a donut chart
6. Using custom visuals & Cloud (30 min)
- Installing a custom visual for Power BI
- Power BI Pro functionality and Cloud functionality demo
7. Beyond descriptive analytics (30 min)
- Predictive analytics in Enterprise Performance Management and beyond.
*Note: Please join the meeting 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time (join at 8:30 a.m.), in order to make sure that you do not face any connection or other technical issues.
If you wish to register for the webinar, please complete the registration form.
Once your registration is submitted, you will receive an email stating the participation fee, including any discounts, if applicable. Kindly note that the payment should be settled at least two days prior to the webinar’s date for your registration to be confirmed.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy. Please note that there are limited seats available, therefore enrol in this webinar as soon as possible.
If you do not receive our confirmation e-mail regarding your registration, your participation cannot be guaranteed.
€260 + VAT. Net investment after subsidy from the HRDA of €119: €190,40 (including VAT) for all eligible participants*
*Last Date for 10% Early Bird Discount: 17/11/21
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enrol in the same webinar, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enrol in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable. For more information on our alumni scheme, click here.
- There is a 10% Early bird discount on selected webinars for participants who enrol in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- Individuals/legal entities will receive a 10% discount on their registration fees for the “Analytics adoption: Journey to data-driven decision-making” webinar if they also register, within the same day, for the “Becoming a Data-Driven Organization: The journey to data driven decision making”, “Enterprise Performance Management: The journey to data-driven decision-making” and “Data Management & Quality: The journey to data-driven decision-making” webinars. Kindly note that this discount applies if the same participants, attend all trainings. If a legal entity wants to buy the same bundle for additional participants then the specific bundle can be bought more than once, and each participant will be entitled to the discount of the specific bundle. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved webinars.
For any queries, please contact Irini Avraam on +357 22 207 460 or at email@example.com.
CPD: This webinar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. Shortly after the webinar’s date, participants will receive electronically a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (7 CPD).
Senior Manager, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Vanja is a Senior Manager leading the Data & Analytics service line, IT Advisory of KPMG in Cyprus. She holds a BBA (Finance and Investments) from Baruch College, City University of New York and an MSc in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics from CIIM. Since she joined KPMG in 2018, Vanja participated, amongst other, in Data Analytics projects in the finance, insurance, aviation, consumer products, oil & gas, shipping industries etc. She is responsible for delivering advanced analytics and business intelligence solutions to companies in Cyprus, the CIS region and Africa.
Vanja has extensive prior experience in the field of finance and investments, having worked in Private Wealth Management with Goldman Sachs & Co. in New York. She also possesses broad experience in structuring and originating debt instruments in the emerging markets, as well as in sales and marketing of financial products in Europe and New York. Her prior experience also includes production management liaising with counterparts in Asia and the Middle East to ensure quality delivery and execution of products.
Senior Advisor, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Antreas is a Senior Advisor in the Data & Analytics Group, IT Advisory of KPMG in Cyprus. He holds a BBA (Business Administration, Management Science Specialisation) from the University of Cyprus. Antreas has been with KPMG in Cyprus since 2020 and has been involved, amongst other, in Data Analytics projects in the finance, insurance, consumer products and retail industries. He is responsible for providing advanced analytics and business intelligence solutions to companies in Cyprus.
Antreas possesses prior experience in the field of insurance, thus has an understanding of all relevant data sources, potential sources of error or bias and important KPIs. More specifically, Antreas’ experience focused in business intelligence, predictive algorithms, segmentation analysis, customer lifetime value analysis and process optimisation.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy.