Moving to the cloud – for SMBs
Monday, 21st September 2020 | 9:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. | 2 CPD
Monday, 21st September 2020 | 9:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. | 2 CPD
In today’s demanding and fast-paced business world, cloud computing offers a value adding proposition that is different from traditional on-premise IT environments. By providing a way to exploit technologies such as virtualisation and serverless computing, which aggregate and share computing resources, Cloud can offer economies of scale that would otherwise be unavailable. With minimal upfront investment, Cloud enables global reach of services and information through an elastic utility computing environment that supports on-demand scalability and provides small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) with the computational power previously reserved only for enterprise-level organisations. The webinar will be delivered by two experienced Senior Managers, passionate about technology and computing services, who will provide participants with insightful knowledge regarding cloud computing.
Join the webinar (9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.)*
Sessions (9:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. including a 15-min break between sessions)
- Rationale for cloud
- Essential characteristics of cloud
- The benefits of moving to the cloud
- Cloud security, privacy and data residency
- Roadmap for cloud enablement
- Summary of keys to success.
*Note: Please join the meeting 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time (join at 9:00 a.m.), in order to make sure that you do not face any connection or other technical issues.
This webinar is addressed to SMBs owners, management staff and other professionals who are considering adopting cloud technology and wish to improve their knowledge on the cloud business model, its characteristics, benefits and the key factors for a successful Cloud Enablement programme.
To register for the webinar, please complete the registration form. Once your registration is submitted, you will receive an email stating the participation fee, including any discounts, if applicable. Kindly note that the payment should be settled at least two days prior to the webinar’s date for your registration to be confirmed.
*Last Date for 10% Early Bird Discount: 31/08/2020
Other discounts available:
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enrol in the same seminar/webinar, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) seminars/webinars during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enrol in more than two (3+) seminars/webinars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early Bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% Early bird discount on selected seminars/webinars for participants who enrol in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved seminars/webinars.
For any queries, please contact Irini Avraam on +357 22 207 460 or at email@example.com.
CPD: This webinar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. Shortly after the webinar’s date, participants will receive electronically a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (2 CPD).
Senior Manager, Technology Enablement Lead, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Athos is a Senior Manager in the Management Consulting Department of KPMG in Cyprus, providing CIO Advisory Services and leading the Emerging Technologies and Technology enablement service line. Athos possesses more than 12 years of progressive expertise in managing and delivering successfully diverse technology projects.
Athos specialises in the provision of tailor-made advisory services to private and public sector clients relating, among others, to strategy definition and implementation of strategic initiatives, cloud enablement and transformation, emerging technology implementation, as well as the implementation of privacy related projects.
Athos serves as a technology expert for IaaS and SaaS cloud transformation projects through private and public cloud deployment models. His services are provided through a variety of technology vendors including Microsoft, AWS and Google Cloud. Furthermore, Athos assists organisations to understand the capabilities that are required for planning, transforming, operating and developing in the Cloud.
Senior Manager, Cyber Security Lead, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Christos has more than ten years of relevant experience in the field of Information Security.
Christos has extensive experience in the provision of advisory services for the security assessment / penetration testing of enterprise systems, mobile, web applications and web-enabled services for a range of clients in the Banking, Finance, Telecommunications, Oil & Gas and Energy sectors. He is a core member of the KPMG Global team for the provision of penetration testing services for a multinational client in the oil & gas industry.
He has developed and delivered training workshops such as the Information Security Awareness course for Management teams and other professionals, Social Engineering workshops, the Mobile Devices and Applications Security course for advanced penetration testers and the Secure Coding workshop for web application developers.
Christos seeks to contribute to the Information Security community in Cyprus through his participation as a volunteer and mentor at the Cyprus and European Cyber Security Challenge and by delivering seminars and presentations for professional bodies such as the ISC(2), ISACA and IAPP Cyprus chapters.