How risk assessment and internal audit are changing
Tuesday, 15th September 2020 | 9:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. | 2 CPD
Tuesday, 15th September 2020 | 9:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. | 2 CPD
In an uncertain and challenging environment, organisations are seeking for insightful, forward-looking and value-creating internal audits. The dynamics of business will be different after the Covid-19 pandemic. The audit plans, drafted some months ago, may have a minor applicability today, since thresholds and tolerances, changed.
The current developments created an opportunity for a significant shift in the practical use of monitoring capabilities. The Dynamic Risk Assessment approach provides now the required agility and flexibility.
The trainers of this webinar, who are the Board Member and Director of the internal audit, Risk and Compliance Services Department of KPMG in Cyprus, will inform participants regarding how risk assessment and Internal Audit are changing. They will also give participants the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the Dynamic Risk Assessment approach and gain insights into the changed risk and opportunity landscape of Internal Audit.
Join the webinar (9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.)*
Sessions (9:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. including a 15-minute break between sessions)
- Introduction: Seminar’s objectives
- Dynamic Risk Assessment
- Internal Audit of the future.
*Note: Please join the meeting 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time (join at 9:00 a.m.), in order to make sure that you do not face any connection or other technical issues.
This webinar is addressed to Audit Committee members, Heads of Internal Audit departments, Heads of Control Functions, management staff and other professionals who deal with Internal Audit and Risk Management, as well as professionals and business owners who wish to improve their knowledge in Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management procedures.
To register for the webinar, please complete the registration form. Once your registration is submitted, you will receive an email stating the participation fee, including any discounts, if applicable. Kindly note that the payment should be settled at least two days prior to the webinar’s date for your registration to be confirmed.
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enrol in the same seminar/webinar, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) seminars/webinars during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enrol in more than two (3+) seminars/webinars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% Early Bird discount on selected seminars/webinars for participants who enrol in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved seminars/webinars.
For any queries, please contact Irini Avraam on +357 22 207 460 or at email@example.com.
CPD: This webinar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. Shortly after the webinar’s date, participants will receive electronically a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (2 CPD).
Board Member, Management Consulting & Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance Services, KPMG in Cyprus
Antonis holds a BSc in Business Administration and the professional titles of Fellow Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). He is also certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) and he is a PRINCE2 Certified Practitioner. Antonis is a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus and has served in various Committees of the Institute. Furthermore, he is a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, having also served as its Board Member between 2018 and 2020, and member of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association, for which he previously served as the Audit Committee Chairman of the Cyprus Chapter.
Antonis is heading the Strategy, Customer & Operations, as well as the Internal Audit Services of KPMG in Cyprus. He has more than fifteen years of professional experience and he specialises in the provision of tailor-made advisory services to private and public sector clients. The services provided are related, among others, to governance assessments, risk management, cultural assessment, operational restructuring and excellence, strategy definition and implementation of strategic initiatives, process re-engineering, technology implementation and digital transformation in the context of large and small transformational projects. Lastly, Antonis has led various projects in the governmental and private sectors, across a wide range of industries.
Principal, Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services, KPMG in Cyprus
Marilena joined the Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services department of KPMG in Cyprus in January 2007. She was previously working at one of the big four audit firms in Cyprus for over four years.
Marilena is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA) and a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA). She possesses more than nineteen years of professional experience in audit and advisory services with a focus on internal audit, compliance reviews assessments of the internal control frameworks and governance arrangements.
Furthermore, Marilena has experience in the enterprise risk management services, focusing on the prevention and detection of operational weaknesses and the implementation of corrective actions. She has managed engagements in various industries such as insurance, investment, banking, education, food and beverage, healthcare and governmental organisations. In addition, she has worked in the areas of internal audit, fraud investigations, risk management and corporate governance, offering advisory services for various matters.