Prior to joining KPMG Law Maciej practiced in the labour and employment group of a national Canadian firm
Professional and Industry Experience
- Advised on companywide policy and strategy updates for a national employer's clients to ensure responsiveness to statutory and common law developments in areas including employees bonus plans, hiring and termination processes, vacation frameworks, and leave entitlements.
- Advised multinational clients on employment and labour facets of Canadian company acquisitions, including ensuring processes for international policy alignment and regulatory compliance.
- Prepared legal opinions on issues of statutory and contractual interpretation to drive practices and risk mitigation planning at major Canadian employers in the public and private sectors.
- Achieved favourable employer outcomes in dismissal-related disputes at stages ranging from demand negotiation through determination via summary judgment.
- Successfully defended employer litigants in judicial review applications before the Ontario Superior Court and the Ontario Court of Appeal.
- Obtained the dismissal of a major application for relief against a provincial public sector management-side organization before the Ontario Labour Relations Board.
JD, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2015
PhD, University of Toronto, 2013
MA, University of Toronto, 2008
B.Sc., University of Toronto, 2007
Member, Canadian Bar Association
Member, Ontario Bar Association
Member, American Psychological Association
Past Board Member and Secretary, St. Leonard’s Place Peel
Instructor, History of Psychology, University of Toronto